“Browser App” extension is an adware that enter the PC through shareware or freeware. Adware like this was made to gain profit via online fraud. “Browser App” offers discount coupons, deals, and online savings to visitors but what you may get are unwanted advertisements. Furthermore, adware such as this can put your privacy at risk and can lead to identity theft if not taken care right away.
On the arrival of “Browser App”, it drops files and registry entries on the system. Browser add-on, extension, and plug-in are likewise installed to allow the ads to show-up. Normally, “Browser App” will appear when user begins to surf online. It claims to suggests websites that are related to your current search terms. With its ability to monitor your browsing activities, this adware can display ads that can be attractive to you. It issues coupons that are relevant to your search queries.
With the add-on and extension running, even your security program can never stop “Browser App” from issuing advertisements. As long as the PC is connected to the Internet, the adware remains on fetching more ads from its own server. The only way to stop “Browser App” ads is to delete entirely this potentially unwanted program. Running a virus scan and scanning the computer with genuine anti-malware tools can be helpful in solving issues like this one.
Different anti-virus and anti-malware programs may name this threat according to their patterns. Here are some detection names: PUP.Optional.BrowserApp.A
Browser App Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Browser-app.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete Browser App Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Browser App.
Remove Browser App Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Browser App or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Browser App Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Browser App and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Browser-app.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Browser App Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Browser App from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Browser-app.com from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Browser App is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Browser-app.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Browser App or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Browser App automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Browser App that assigns Browser-app.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Browser App.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Browser App and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Browser App browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Browser-app.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Browser App on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Browser-app.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Browser App.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Browser App. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Browser-app.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Browser App. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Browser App. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Browser App. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Browser App.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Browser App extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Browser App. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Browser App should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Browser App and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.