Browse Plus ads may appear on the browser such as Google Chrome and Safari if extension or plug-in was installed. Most of the time, users are not aware on the installation of this potentially unwanted program. It often arrives on the computer as software bundles. You may have downloaded freeware that is packed with Browse Plus. Therefore, the adware is loaded into the browser while installing such dubious free program.
If Browse Plus if fully installed, it will generate pop-ups and banners containing alerts that are relevant to your online shopping. It is most noticeable when you are browsing shopping web sites or viewing online products. Browse Plus claims that it helps user find better prices and stores where they can purchase the same product. However, due to certain invalid redirects and irrelevant web pages that it shows, some people deemed it as computer virus.
At first, users may find Browse Plus helpful. However, once it begins to display excessive ads and banners, most users considers it nothing but an annoying program. Not to mention that adware like Browse Plus can endanger your online privacy. It may gather various data from the system like visited websites, product preferences, and search queries. This information is very much useful for makers of Browse Plus to further strengthen the presence of ads on the browser. It can display concentrated promotions that are more appealing using collected data from victims.
If you need to remove Browse Plus from the computer because you are worried that it may cause more damages, then, you need to execute the guide below. Scan the computer with suggested tool to find and delete hidden malicious objects that are linked to Browse Plus.
Browse Plus Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Browse Plus
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Browse Plus entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Browse Plus. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Browse Plus from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Browse Plus on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Browse Plus Extension and Add-on
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Browse Plus. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Browse Plus from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Browse Plus from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Browse Plus by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Browse Plus removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Browse Plus. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Browse Plus. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove Browse Plus from Safari Browser
Option 1 – Delete Browse Plus Extension
1. Open your Safari internet application.
2. Click on Safari Settings button located on upper-right corner of the browser. Select Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Safari Settings window, click the Extension tab.
4. Select Browse Plus from the list. Click on Uninstall button.
5. If Safari prompts for confirmation to remove the extension, please click Uninstall.
Option 2 – Reset Safari Browser
We only recommend this function if manually removing Browse Plus extension didn’t resolve the issue. Please select only items that are essential in stopping adware activities on the browser as shown in the image below.
1. Open your browser and click on Safari Settings on upper-right corner of the screen.
2. Choose Reset Safari… from the drop-down list.
3. Select items that you want to reset. You may include all if preferred. However, for the purpose of deleting only items relevant to presence of Browse Plus adware, we excluded some entries. Click on Reset button after the selection process.
4. Please restart Safari after applying the changes.