While browsing the internet, constantly redirecting to other web pages is very annoying most especially when these are unwanted websites. This is possible through adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP) installed on computer. These malicious apps triggers redirects to suspicious sites like Brothersail.com. Because of installed adware, whenever entering searches or simply clicking on links, web browser will always automatically redirects online users to Brothersail.com web page. Adware developers are using this website to generate income through their associated ads, which runs all over the website. Brothersail.com web page is unreliable since it exhibits various advertisements that can cause harm to internet browser programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari.
Brothersail.com is pretending to be a usual online marketing page but it behaves like a threat to internet users just like any other website redirects. These kinds of web pages are just for making money out of tricking internet user by their techniques like applying click baits and misleading ads. Brothersail.com will encourage website visitors to enable alerts from them. Once it is confirmed, they will begin to send alerts to browser that usually contains intrusive ads which looks ordinary but really hides its malicious intent. These advertisements caused by Brothersail.com can enable access to other doubtful web pages and untrustworthy websites. Typically, Brothersail.com ads are in the form of pop-ups and commercial ads, which ought to engage web visitors to open and see it. Automatically, it will redirect to another web pages that were not expected to see by internet users.
These redirects are the common indications that there is an adware or unwanted apps or programs installed on computer. However, it is hard to detect it at first, but it shows signs or symptoms that generally affect the main web browser through automatic redirection to malicious websites such as Brothersail.com. In addition, some indications are ads running anywhere while browsing, other unwanted apps can be installed without permission, and fake software updates.
Brothersail.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
This malware removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any threats like Trojan, virus, PUP, adware and malicious redirects like Brothersail.com. The tool is powerful enough to find hazardous items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
To remove Brothersail.com from Mac OS, please use the tool that was designed specifically for Macintosh users.
Malwarebytes For Mac Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Brothersail.com.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Brothersail.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Brothersail.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3 : Remove Brothersail.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Brothersail.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Brothersail.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Brothersail.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Brothersail.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Brothersail.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Brothersail.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Brothersail.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Brothersail.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Brothersail.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Brothersail.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.