Adware and other potentially unwanted program may spread with the help of Bridgcell. It is offered as software-downloader tool that applies highly optimized process resulting to faster downloads and better user experience. In general, Bridgcell was made to monetized software installation. It helps distribute various programs by embedding them into single installer file known as software bundle.
In most cases, Bridgcell may arrive on the computer packed with several applications. Some are useful, but there are cases that adware is also bundled with it. This scheme is the easiest way for adware makers to deploy their product. On the other hand, Bridgcell authors see this opportunity to generate online profit.
When Bridgcell starts to install on the computer, other programs are similarly loaded in synchronized manner. Users are not aware of this because it occurs in the background without any notification. This process not only installs several applications, it also alters settings on the browser. Homepage and default search engine configuration are most affected by these changes.
Due to a number of unwanted programs added on your Macintosh system, it greatly affects system performance. Internet connection speed can be sluggish at times since there are adware that constantly operate online to download more unwanted apps. Bridgecell may also monitor and record your internet data and occasionally send the logs to a remote server.
As you can notice, it is not healthy for your Mac system to have a potentially unwanted program such as Bridgcell. To prevent any further damage and avoid installation of additional adware, we highly suggest immediate removal of this questionable program. Execute the guide below to totally remove Bridgcell and other relevant malicious programs.
Online Security Scanner Report for bridgcell.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: April 05, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: April 05, 2017|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: April 05, 2017|
Procedures to Remove Bridgcell Adware from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Bridgcell
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Bridgcell, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed Bridgcell
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder…
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
The term unknown is just a representation of the actual malware name. It is normally an unfamiliar file name such as the following:
– Bridgcell, InstallMac, Manroling, Genieo, Eliaho, Montageobox, Nariabox, Inkeeper, Javeview, Jakecares, or Leperdvil
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Bridgcell to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most recent ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
Important: Take note of all the suspicious files as you may also delete the same item on another folder as we go on.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Please restart the computer.
7. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
8. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step 4. Drag them to the Trash.
Optional: For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to Bridgcell.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Bridgcell.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Bridgcell is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Remove Bridgcell from Safari Home Page and Search
1. Open Apple menu and select Force Quit. You can also press Command + Option + Esc on the keyboard to access this feature.
2. From the list of applications, select Safari, and then click on Force Quit button. Wait for Safari browser to close.
3. Now, hold down Shift key and launch Safari. Do this to avoid opening any unwanted window from Bridgcell.
4. Go to Safari Menu and then select Preferences from the list.
5. On Default search engine section, select the desired search engine from the list to override Bridgcell custom search engine.
6. Next, make sure that “New windows open with” is set to Homepage. Adware may alter this and set it to open to unwanted webpage.
7. Then, on Homepage field, type the URL of your desired Homepage.
Optional: Reset Safari Browser
If the above procedures did not help in eliminating Bridgecell on your Safari browser, resetting it to default value may be the best solution. Be aware that there is no way to reverse this process once executed.
1. Go to Safari Menu. Select Reset Safari from the list. This will open a window showing applicable items.
2. It is better to maintain the pre-selected items.
3. Click on Reset button to totally clear all the configurations made by Bridgecell. Please restart Safari browser.