If your homepage, start-up, or new tab is occupied by Brality.com search, there is a reason to believe that computer is infected by the matching adware. According to own website, Brality is a Search App that allows web user to explore millions of most popular web sites. It also claims to help user easily access favorites sites.
The main target of Brality are Google Chrome users. It is installed on this program as browser extension that inflicts so many changes even without approval. For instance, Brality will configure itself as the new homepage and new tab page. Search engine is likewise adjusted to use the service from Brality.com. Thus, search results presented on these pages are controlled to display paid links that can divert browser to suspicious websites.
Excessive display of pop-up advertisements and constant browser redirects are the things user can attain from having Brality on their browser. There may be little benefits but the harm it can cause on ones computer is immeasurable. In addition, Brality adware can also steal vital information from the browser that can lead to identity theft.
With the mentioned possibility of ruining your computer and online privacy, we highly suggest immediate removal of Brality adware. Below are guides and special anti-malware and anti-virus programs that can effectively find and delete malicious objects from the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for brality.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Nov. 6, 2017|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Nov. 6, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Nov. 6, 2017|
How to Remove Brality
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Brality
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Brality entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Brality. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Brality from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Brality on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Brality from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Brality from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Brality by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Brality removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Brality. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Brality. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.