Blue Eagle ransom virus may sneak into the PC in various ways. It can be in a form of email attachment, drive-by-download websites, or bundled to freeware and shareware that were spread all throughout the internet. Once executed, Blue Eagle encrypts selected file on the computer using complex algorithm. Almost every ransomware in recent days are using the same technique so that they can demand for payment in order for users to recover infected files.
While encrypting important files, this ransomware may append the extension with own type. Then, attacker demands certain amount that you have to pay to obtain decryption instructions. Normally, makers of Blue Eagle virus will demand payment amounting to US $500 or equivalent to 0.5 Bitcoin currency.
Software flaws and vulnerabilities are the common entry point of malware such as this. Executing malicious email attachment triggers the virus to exploit flaws and spread the infection on target computer. Ransomware scans the computer for target files and uses sophisticated encryption method. Then, it provides text file containing instructions to contact the email address provided in order to decrypt Blue Eagle encrypted files.
Your File was Crypted by Saher Blue Eagle
You have been hacked!
Your files are encrypted by software Blue Eagle ransomware and your photos and all your data bases were encrypted.
As of now, no dedicated programs can help victims directly regain access to infected files. You may try our suggestion below but it is not yet tested for this type of infection. Use this program at your own discretion.
System Restore of Windows may help in resolving issues with viruses and malware. However, it will not settle problems with encrypted files. If your computer is running on Windows Vista/7 or later, perhaps ‘Previous Versions’ may help restore files from backup.
How to Remove Blue Eagle Ransomware
Ransomware files are placed deeply into the system and on various locations, thus, thorough scanning is vital to totally remove Blue Eagle Ransomware virus. Aside from our suggested tool, you may also run your own security program.
Though affected files may be impossible to decrypt due to complexity of the encryption, you can still try recovery method like Shadow Explorer or Previous Version as described below.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Blue Eagle Ransomware virus and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for Blue Eagle Ransomware’s leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Blue Eagle Ransomware. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Blue Eagle Ransomware virus entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Blue Eagle Ransomware have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 3 : Unlocking files with Blue Eagle Decryptor
Since Blue Eagle Ransomware was made with open source Hidden Tear, we will try to use specific tool made by Avast.
1. Download Avast Decryption Tool for Hidden Tear.
Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once downloaded, double-click on the file to run the program.
3. If it prompts you to select location, please enter the drive where encrypted files are placed.
4. On next window, enter one encrypted file. Then, input the original file. Both files must match.
5. Click Next to continue.
6. The tool will now search the drive for files encrypted by Blue Eagle virus and decrypts them one by one.
Option 1: Windows Previous Version Tool
Windows Vista and Windows 7 have a feature called Previous Versions. However, this tool is only usable if restore point was made prior to Blue Eagle Ransomware virus infection. To use this tool and recover files affected by the virus, please follow these steps:
1. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click on the affected files or folders. From the drop-down list, please click on Restore previous versions.
3. New window will open display all backup copy of files and folders you wanted to recover. Choose the appropriate file and click on Open, Copy, or Restore. Restoring selected files overwrites the current encrypted files on the computer.
Option 2: Use ShadowExplorer to restore files encrypted by Blue Eagle Ransomware
Just like Previous Version tool, ShadowExplorer is taking advantage of shadow copy created by Windows. This tool allows you to retrieve older version of files before it was encrypted by Blue Eagle Ransomware.
1. Download ShadowExplorer from the official web site.
2. Install the program with the default settings.
3. The program should run automatically after installation. If not, double-click on ShadowExplorer icon.
4. You can see the drop-down list on top of the console. Please select proper drive and the most recent point-in-time shadow copies of files you wish to restore prior to Blue Eagle Ransomware infection.
5. Right-click on the Drive, Folder, or File you wish to restore and click Export…
6. Lastly, ShadowExplorer will prompt for location where you want to save the copy of recovered files.