Browser hijackers are malware that causes infections to internet browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox. It makes alterations to browser settings, triggers the display of extensive ads, and redirects browser pages to undesirable target. One example of a browser hijacker is called Biosc.xyz.
Biosc.xyz is part of potentially unwanted program (PUP) called QXSearch or QIP. Developers designed this program for infecting computers and for some bad purposes like phishing and swindling. Since Biosc.xyz is an unwanted application, it has the capacity to track personal information of online users as well as the browsing activities on browser. After spying, it will make changes on browser settings. The home page, new tab page, and search engine will be set to default. Biosc.xyz has its own web address called Portal.Biosc.xyz.com, which is injected to browser to force users into utilizing it for their online search purposes. Biosc.xyz can now run different forms of advertisements such as campaign banners, discount coupons, surveys, pop-ups, or commercial ads. These adverts can be deceptive and could link to suspicious web pages when clicked. Biosc.xyz can also generate redirects; these pop-ups may appear randomly while internet users were online. It can automatically land web visitors into various dubious sites such as illicit streaming platforms, sale-based sites, or adult-related sites. These misbehavior on browser will continue as long as Biosc.xyz is present on computer.
Biosc.xyz can also pose a threat to computer safety, especially on privacy and security of web users. As mentioned earlier, it has the capacity to track information either personal or non-personal details saved on browser. Recording browsing activities (like search queries, visited URLs, or clicked ads) and real-life data such as credit card and bank account details, passwords, or contact numbers can be use to share with other parties for online crime intentions.
It is very basic to install first the application before people make use of it. Nevertheless, being not careful on installing programs could lead to adware or PUP into computers. Such unwanted software can penetrate through bundling of apps on internet. Some download sites offers freeware available for installation. This is the opportunity for developers to spread their malicious programs like Biosc.xyz. When it includes on the bundles, it will goes through installation together with other extra applications. Typically, PUP or adware enters computer without online user’s understanding. So, be mindful on installing or downloading software most especially, choose a legitimate website on where to get certain programs.
Biosc.xyz Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Biosc.xyz.
Remove Biosc.xyz Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Biosc.xyz, QXSearch, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Biosc.xyz Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Biosc.xyz or QXSearch and remove it from the browser.
Remove Biosc.xyz Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Biosc.xyz from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Biosc.xyz is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Biosc.xyz, QXSearch, or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Biosc.xyz on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Biosc.xyz.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Biosc.xyz.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Biosc.xyz.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Biosc.xyz.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Biosc.xyz and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Biosc.xyz
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Biosc.xyz is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Biosc.xyz
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Biosc.xyz, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Biosc.xyz and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Biosc.xyz should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove Biosc.xyz from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.
Post Last Modified On October 14, 2020