bHound is categorically an adware that is referred by many computer users as pesky and annoying add-on. First and foremost, this program will get inside PC and Mac systems unknown to user. It comes uninvited with a program you have intentionally downloaded. In other terms, bundling bHound adware to free program is the trick being used by adware authors. Although, the adware doesn’t live by this technique alone as it may use other ways like spreading links to social media sites and spam emails.
Most of the victims that have acquired bHound are those careless Internet users. The only difference is this adware focuses more on Mac users. However, they are not the only one need to be aware of bHound, because the adware also affects PC users as well.
If bHound adware has entered the computer, instantly you will notice changes on the browser. There are strange things happening while you surf the Internet. bHound ads will appear as well as some browser redirect issues will consume your browser. Moreover, this adware can do so many changes on the browser without asking for your permission.
It appears that bHound is worthy of being on the browser as search enhancement tool. However, it is reported that adware authors are utilizing this service to direct web browsers to risky web sites. This leads to infection of adware once site is visited.
Online Security Scanner Report for bhound.net:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: March 19, 2015|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: March 19, 2015|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: March 19, 2015|
How to Remove bHound Adware from PC
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by PC users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall bHound
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove bHound entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to bHound. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted bHound from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of bHound on the affected browser.
Procedures to Remove bHound Adware from Mac
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to bHound
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located bHound, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed bHound
1. Navigate to the location given below and move the item to the Trash.
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the bHound to be present on your Mac.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download the TSMART tool from this link:
Click here to download TSMART (this will open a new window)
2. Run Adware Removal Tool for Mac. It will check for updates and download if there is most recent version.
3. If it prompts to close all opened web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. The tool will begin to scan the system and remove any adware it finds. Please note that identified malicious items are moved to Trash so that you can still recover if it mistakenly deleted valid files.
5. If everything is well, please Empty the Trash to totally get rid of bHound.