BetterDeals pop-up reveals itself on browser offering various discounts, coupons, and savings. This adware aims to suggest cheaper products and services that user can avail online. Aside from pop-ups, BetterDeals also integrates toolbar and other functions through add-ons or extensions that it installs on the browser. In all, this adware can take control of your browser and pull advertisements as you surf the web.
It is observed that BetterDeals only shows up as you browse online shopping sites like Ebay, BestBuy, Amazon, Costco, and many other similar web sites. It appears as a drop-down menu that shows contents on mouse-hover. BetterDeals display a list of coupons and savings relevant to your desired product. It can make relevant offers because it keeps on monitoring your browser as you surf the net. Collected data will be use by BetterDeals for this advertising scheme.
Normally, users can acquire BetterDeals adware through freeware or any programs that are offered with no cost. It is a trick of adware authors to bundle their code into freeware for quick deployment. In fact, you will not be prompted for the installation of BetterDeals. It just loads into the computer alongside the downloaded freeware.
In theory, BetterDeals ads and pop-up is not a virus. However, we do not suggest keeping this type of program on the PC. It may bring security risks or may cause malware infection when you clicked on malicious links posing as normal advertisement.
Online Security Scanner Report for betterdeals.co:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Nov 19, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Nov 19, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Nov 19, 2013|
How to Remove BetterDeals Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall BetterDeals
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove BetterDeals entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently. You may uninstall FriendFinder or any Fabook-related software.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to BetterDeals. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted BetterDeals from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of BetterDeals on the affected browser.