Better Mechanic is an unreal MS Windows system optimizer that is going after the hard-earned money of computer users. Online swindlers patterned this program from other tool with similar malicious intent. It is obvious from the graphical user interface that Better Mechanic is a successor of RegeasyFixer, PC Boost Pro, Microsoft Cleanup, and many more counterfeit system optimization programs.
Better Mechanic cheats computer users by issuing falsified information regarding errors it detected. It will issue warnings and alerts about broken registry, start-up errors, junk files, and other system errors that do not really exists. Afterwards, it prompts for immediate repair but it requires full working version of Better Mechanic to proceed. In short, user needs to process online payment to upgrade their trial version. Thus, each attempt to fix the troubles will open a browser window leading to assigned online payment processing website.
Computer is not the only thing in danger due to unwanted installation of Better Mechanic. Banking details of user that were submitted during online transaction is also at risk because attackers may debit the account for unusual charges. Therefore, it is advice to communicate with the bank to file for dispute immediately and block further transaction.
To sum up, Better Mechanic was not made to fix any issues on the computer. In fact, it is the one that produces system troubles to make it appear that purchasing the program is essential. The appropriate solution to this kind of irregularities is to remove the culprit program itself. Efficient way to get rid of Better Mechanic including all associated elements of this malware is provided below. Please execute the guide in exact order to ensure complete removal of the unwanted application.
Better Mechanic Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Better Mechanic through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Better Mechanic, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Better Mechanic rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Better Mechanic
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Better Mechanic and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Better Mechanic from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Better Mechanic from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Better Mechanic unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Better Mechanic and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Better Mechanic using Anti-malware Program
To remove Better Mechanic automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Better Mechanic that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Better Mechanic.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.