BestMapFinder Ads is a Google Chrome extension that asserts to provide easy location, routes, and directions. Unlike most unwanted browser extension, this tool does not change any settings on the browser. BestMapFinder has nothing to do with homepage redirection and is not guilty of search settings modification. Hence, similar to most free maps and direction tools on the web, BestMapFinder is clearly made to generate online revenue after its full installation on Google Chrome browser. Its official website is clear about this matter. Here is an excerpt from the website.
Bestmapfinder offers map directions in exchange for an agreement to install our software and receive advertising.
Advertising can be served through either in-text, pop-up/under, transitional, shopping and/or banner ads.
Ads served by Bestmapfinder will always show the Bestmapfinder brand and are clickable.
If user feels that this program is violating their privacy or they are not comfortable with its presence, it can be removed straightforward from the toolbar menu or Extensions Panel of Google Chrome browser. A more comprehensive guide is also posted on this page just in case users are having difficulty in getting rid of Bestmapfinder Ads extension. Execute the procedure in exact order and do not forget to scan the computer with recommended virus and malware removal tools to delete any potentially unwanted programs that are present on the computer.
How to Remove BestMapFinder
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove BestMapFinder from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove BestMapFinder from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If BestMapFinder persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove BestMapFinder from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete BestMapFinder by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of BestMapFinder removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from BestMapFinder. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by BestMapFinder. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall BestMapFinder
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove BestMapFinder entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to BestMapFinder.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including BestMapFinder and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to BestMapFinder. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.