“Be Like Water” is a doubtful Google Chrome extension that can easily bypass user’s attention during installation. It usually enters the computer as part of malicious software bundles in disguise of free utilities, tools, games, media players, and so on. Installation of such freeware also permits “Be Like Water” to be loaded onto the browser as authoritative extension. Thus, it can have total control over homepage, search settings, and toolbars.
Like nearly all questionable Google Chrome extension, “Be Like Water” have other intentions for conquering the browser while taking advantage of freeware installation. It will display advertisements that gains monetary revenue for its authors. In addition, “Be Like Water” may collect valuable information like search keywords, visited websites, and other personal data. Gathered information from victim’s browser is often misuse by adware makers to improve their advertising revenue by displaying targeted advertisements.
It is clear that end-user receives no benefit for having “Be Like Water” on their browser. It can actually lead to additional download of adware and other potential threat due to its redirect attribute. “Be Like Water” can land browser’s pages to malevolent websites applying drive-by-download scheme. Therefore, we highly suggest immediate removal of “Be Like Water”. Complete guide is already posted on this page. Please execute the steps in exact order to ensure effective removal of the adware.
How to Remove “Be Like Water”
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove “Be Like Water” from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove “Be Like Water” from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If “Be Like Water” persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove “Be Like Water” from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete “Be Like Water” by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of “Be Like Water” removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from “Be Like Water”. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by “Be Like Water”. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall “Be Like Water”
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove “Be Like Water” entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to “Be Like Water”.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including “Be Like Water” and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to “Be Like Water”. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Post Last Modified On October 14, 2020