Baysearch.co is a suspicious homepage search engine that claims to provide enhanced results when looking for online movies and videos. This adware can control various settings of the affected browser program. This unwanted action may take place even without user’s approval via method called software bundling. By packing Baysearch.co to several freeware and shareware, users will never see this incoming danger. Apart from that, this homepage hijacker also have chances of being installed by simply acquiring the main program called BaySearch Video NewTab. Promoted as a tool that provides best video content, upcoming films and reviews, and much more. Because of this attractive features, some users are tricked that this is a vital application.
Once installed, the impact of Baysearch.co is mainly on homepage of the browser. Although this adware is capable enough to make numerous changes, it is only confined to alter Google Chrome browser settings. To be more specific, Baysearch.co aims to replace homepage, new tab pages, and default search engine. Victims will likely to witness critical issues and various troubles as long as the adware exists. Severe pop-up ads and browser redirects are the most common subsequent effects of the infection.
Since Baysearch.co is part of software bundles that are spreading all over the web, users who frequently downloads shadowy applications are likely to become a victim of this adware. Therefore, it is vital to stay away from suspicious web sites. Avoid downloading programs from strange servers and hosts. As much as possible obtain programs only from reputable web sites with notable safety ratings. This is the only way you can avoid getting infected with adware, particularly Baysearch.co homepage hijacker.
Baysearch.co Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Baysearch.co from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Baysearch.co from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Baysearch.co persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Baysearch.co from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete BaySearch Video NewTab by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Baysearch.co removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Baysearch.co. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Baysearch.co. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Baysearch.co
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Baysearch.co entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Baysearch.co.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Baysearch.co and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Baysearch.co. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
Post Last Modified On October 14, 2020