B-Coupon is an ad-supported program that loads itself on the computer without definite permission from computer users. This unwanted installation of browser extension can be accomplished discretely through mistreatment of software bundles. Thus, installing free games, tools, media players, download manager, and bogus software update can result to B-Coupon contamination of Google Chrome browser.
Users may only be aware on the presence of this unwanted app once they observed the B-Coupon integrated toolbar icon. In addition, every visit to merchant websites and online stores, B-Coupon will publish a list of discounts and deals as what is shown in the image below. Though it may look like valid deals, users are not aware that links generated by B-Coupon are all paid links aiming to generate profit by delivering internet traffic to its partners and advertisers.
Aside from its eagerness to gain online revenue, adware like B-Coupon can also collect sensitive browsing information from affected internet program. It records search keywords, user’s favored products, and other data that are useful for B-Coupon to produce targeted advertisements that can be attractive to web users. Again, it intends to make profit through exploitation of user’s internet habit.
It is obvious at this point that end-users gains little to no benefit for having B-Coupon on their browser. In fact, its existence can endanger online privacy of victims through its data gathering activities. Thus, we highly suggest immediate removal of B-Coupon from Google Chrome browser. Complete guide are posted below to totally get rid of this adware. Also included are malware and virus removal tools that can trace hidden malicious objects belonging to B-Coupon.
Online Security Scanner Report for b-coupon.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Nov. 13, 2018|
|Medium risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Nov. 13, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Nov. 13, 2018|
How to Remove B-Coupon
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove B-Coupon from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove B-Coupon from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If B-Coupon persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove B-Coupon from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete B-Coupon by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of B-Coupon removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from B-Coupon. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by B-Coupon. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall B-Coupon
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove B-Coupon entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to B-Coupon.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including B-Coupon and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to B-Coupon. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Post Last Modified On November 13, 2018