axisearch.com home page hijacker may pretend as a useful search engine, but its functions are nothing compare to legitimate ones. The main goal of axisearch.com is not to give you accurate search results but rather show ads from its network of advertisers. This unwanted search intends to gain profit via link ads it includes in the search result.
You may acquire the code of axisearch.com from certain freeware. You will be deceive to download what you think is a useful application but what lies behind is a notorious adware. Once installed on the computer, home page will be replaced with axisearch.com search engine. It also opens the same default page for New Tabs and windows. The browser redirect and home page hijacking issue of axisearch.com roots to the add-on it has injected into the browser. It affects merely all PC browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. The concern of adware author is to force you into using the unwanted search. Thus, you may find it difficult to reverse the changes and removing axisearch.com from the home page seems not workable.
The only way to recover your browser’s home page is to effectively delete the add-on and get rid of all the malicious files it has injected into the PC. To do this, you will need a couple of virus and adware scanner that can take care of axisearch.com removal.
Online Security Scanner Report for axisearch.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: April 26, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: April 26, 2016|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: April 26, 2016|
axisearch.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like axisearch.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to axisearch.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to axisearch.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove axisearch.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted axisearch.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of axisearch.com on the affected browser.