AutoFixer Pro 2018 is an illusory computer optimization and security tool that is combined into one program. It emerges as new software but bears the same graphical user interface (GUI) as other members of the rogue application family. Obviously, AutoFixer Pro 2018 is just another useless product that will try to mislead computer users in order to sell its license version.
Many computer users who have AutoFixer Pro 2018 on their system wonder how it gets in, when in fact they do not intentionally acquire it. The reason is, most unwanted program are spread over the internet in form of software bundles. User gets the entire package, probably a number of PUP by just installing one purposely downloaded software.
Once installed fully, AutoFixer Pro 2018 initializes with a thorough scan of the computer. Then, as usual with rogue application, it will detect bunch of issues like malware or PUP threats, system and software issues, startup items, and many more. AutoFixer Pro 2018 can detect these thousands of issues in a couple of minutes, which amplifies our suspicion on its legitimacy. In the image below, it identifies 2,330 potentially unwanted items in just less than two minutes of thorough scanning during our diagnostic.
Attempting to fix identified problems by clicking on ‘Start Repair‘ button only leads to window that persuade user to purchase the full working version of AutoFixer Pro 2018. This scheme is very similar to other variants including AutoClean Pro 2018 and SpeedUp PC 2018. It is obvious that warnings, alerts, and detection conducted by AutoFixer Pro 2018 are just some sort of scare tactics. This is one way to force user into activating the program.
Instead of paying for this worthless product, we highly suggest to uninstall it from the computer as soon as possible. Add/Remove program of Windows is the proper area in order to uninstall AutoFixer Pro 2018. After that, we suggest to scan the computer with malware and virus removal tool to ensure that system is clean and no more unwanted programs are left behind.
AutoFixer Pro 2018 Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like AutoFixer Pro 2018 through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like AutoFixer Pro 2018, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete AutoFixer Pro 2018 rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of AutoFixer Pro 2018
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for AutoFixer Pro 2018 and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall AutoFixer Pro 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select AutoFixer Pro 2018 from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove AutoFixer Pro 2018 unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds AutoFixer Pro 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of AutoFixer Pro 2018 using Anti-malware Program
To remove AutoFixer Pro 2018 automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like AutoFixer Pro 2018 that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to AutoFixer Pro 2018.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.