AutoClean Pro 2018 is promoted as PC optimization and malware removal tool but in reality, its main purpose is to deceive users in order to lure them into paying for the registered version of the product. Even though it keeps on persuading users about it claims of having millions of customers, keep in mind that AutoClean Pro 2018 will never be as effective as legitimate and trusted products. Also be aware that this rogue application is just a re-branded of previous variants like SpeedUp PC 2018 and Wise System Mechanic.
All of the mentioned program from this group of rogue product will offer free scan right after installation. Next, it will find a number of errors and malware infection inside the computer. What comes after the scary pop-ups and alerts by AutoClean Pro 2018 is an offer to fix the troubles using only the paid version of this program. Either user click on Fix or Repair button, AutoClean Pro 2018 will deliberately opens a browser window containing fields for payment processing. It is eager to take user’s private details especially credit card numbers. This alone is highly suspicious.
The warnings, alerts, and all troubles discovered by AutoClean Pro 2018 are all false findings that wish to mislead users and entice them to unlock the full version. Though, we do not recommend this proceedings. It is more appropriate to deal with this rogue program using valid and reputable tools. All you need to do is uninstall AutoClean Pro 2018 through Add-Remove Programs of Windows. After that, thoroughly scan the system with efficient malware and virus removal program as suggested below.
AutoClean Pro 2018 Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like AutoClean Pro 2018 through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like AutoClean Pro 2018, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete AutoClean Pro 2018 rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of AutoClean Pro 2018
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for AutoClean Pro 2018 and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall AutoClean Pro 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select AutoClean Pro 2018 from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove AutoClean Pro 2018 unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds AutoClean Pro 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of AutoClean Pro 2018 using Anti-malware Program
To remove AutoClean Pro 2018 automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like AutoClean Pro 2018 that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to AutoClean Pro 2018.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.