Auto PC Booster 2018 is supposedly a computer security and optimization program. However, the way it acts once installed on the computer invalidates what the official website states about this program. It was noticed that Auto PC Booster 2018 is an aggressive application that installs itself onto the computer without user’s authorization. It carries out this invasion through a variation of software bundles.
Most internet users are not aware that some freeware they may obtain from website contains additional programs that can be discretely installed. This is how Auto PC Booster 2018 normally loads itself into the computer. Sadly, apart from this rogue application, downloaded freeware may also install adware and other potentially unwanted program as bonus.
When installed completely, Auto PC Booster 2018 initiates a thorough scan on the system. Similar to most rogue programs, it will identify thousands of potential security risks and errors. Moreover, it repeatedly displays a warning about the danger it can cause when not removed immediately. Thus, most victims are alarmed by the alert not knowing that it is just a scare tactics commonly employed by rogue product.
Unfortunately, user’s option on the scanner window of Auto PC Booster 2018 is only to ‘Repair‘ the problems. However, clicking on the button opens a payment-processing window requiring payment via credit card. This scenario alone is a clear sign that Auto PC Booster 2018 authors wanted to swindle money from computer users. Legit programs usually allows user to scan and fix issues on the system for a certain period before encouraging them to buy the full version.
The only solution to this problem is to remove the fake scanner itself. Auto PC Booster 2018 is classed as rogue application; therefore, there is no need to let it stay on the computer to perform false detection. Below is a guide to remove Auto PC Booster 2018 effectively using virus and malware removal tool.
Auto PC Booster 2018 Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Auto PC Booster 2018 through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Auto PC Booster 2018, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Auto PC Booster 2018 rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Auto PC Booster 2018
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Auto PC Booster 2018 and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Auto PC Booster 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Auto PC Booster 2018 from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Auto PC Booster 2018 unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Auto PC Booster 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Auto PC Booster 2018 using Anti-malware Program
To remove Auto PC Booster 2018 automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Auto PC Booster 2018 that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Auto PC Booster 2018.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.