Auto Mechanic 2018 may look like a valid computer security and optimization tool due to its appealing graphical user interface (GUI). Users may be deceived more when it scans the computer and displays thousands of potentially unwanted items found on the system. But in reality, Auto Mechanic 2018 is just a variant that was made by the same group who created Win Boost Pro 2018 and PCFixer Pro 2018. Both are rogue software that is identical to Auto Mechanic 2018 is so many ways.
Suspicious freeware and third-party applications are the common sources of this rogue product. It arrives on the computer as software bundle. This means that Auto Mechanic 2018 is packed to countless types of programs that user may obtain from various online sources. Upon installation of freeware, users are not aware that Auto Mechanic 2018 is also loading in the background.
After successful installation, Auto Mechanic 2018 immediately works to attain its goal to swindle money from victims. It will attempt to mislead computer users by running a quick and thorough scan and display thousands of identified problems. Obviously, this is a scare tactics normally employed by most rogue software. Apart from scan results, Auto Mechanic 2018 repeatedly reminds users on the presence of threats and errors by displaying pop-up alerts and taskbar warnings.
Every attempt of user to clean the computer using Auto Mechanic 2018 “Repair” buttons will just lead to the payment-processing page where it prompts for banking details. Clearly, this process is not helpful at all. Effective way to solve this issue is to remove Auto Mechanic 2018 itself. Use “Add-Remove Program” feature of Windows to uninstall the rogue application. Then, scan the computer with virus and malware removal tool to ensure that no more leftovers of Auto Mechanic 2018.
Below are scan report for the web page Auto Mechanic 2018. Other domains that hosts this rogue application are advancepcbooster.com and advancepccleaner.com.
Online Security Scanner Report for mypccleanerutils.com:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: April 29, 2018|
|Unverified||Feedback: No Data||Updated: April 29, 2018|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: April 29, 2018|
How to Remove Auto Mechanic 2018
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Auto Mechanic 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Auto Mechanic 2018 from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Auto Mechanic 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Auto Mechanic 2018 using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Auto Mechanic 2018 . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Auto Mechanic 2018 entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Auto Mechanic 2018 have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Auto Mechanic 2018.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.