Attentive Antivirus is a rogue security program that alters the registry and drops certain files on the computer. This malware will create fake virus detection warning that will appear on the screen every now and then. Similar with other members of Winwebsec, Attentive Antivirus also load itself when Windows starts and begin to carry out its main mission, that is to sell the rogue product.
Fake pop-up alerts and warning messages usually appears on the desktop prompting user of virus infection. There are also messages from system tray that warns for various threat presences in the computer. When you run application, Attentive Antivirus will obstruct the execution and notify that the program is infected with virus. As you can observe, all the warnings leads to the promotion of the Attentive Antivirus full edition.
You should not buy Attentive Antivirus since it has no positive aspect once you activate it. Of course, your computer will be unlocked from this threat, but overall, it didn’t help. The virus still remains on your computer and may cause much severe troubles in the future.
It is our recommendation to remove Attentive Antivirus malware right away. Not only that it annoys and interferes with your PC operation, but most of all, having a threat like this may endanger your privacy. This malware is also known to download other threats from a distant server. That means added trouble on your computer.
How to Remove Attentive Antivirus
Stage 1: Activating the Rogue Program
To easily uninstall Attentive Antivirus, we need to upgrade it to full version. As you can observe, computer has limited function. Thus, it is difficult to perform removal procedure at this stage. To activate Attentive Antivirus, click on Buy Full Edition button at the bottom of the console and enter the serial number below. If it prompts for email address, you can input anything you want.
Attentive Antivirus Activation Code: AA39754E-715219CE
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Attentive Antivirus and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Attentive Antivirus’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Attentive Antivirus. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Attentive Antivirus entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Attentive Antivirus have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.