ArcadeCake that pop-ups on the screen is considered as adware program that sneaks into the system through other software. It is not a virus. Basically, adware are bundled with freeware that is promoted on various web sites. It draws user’s attention by pretending as a useful tool that is essential on the browser. Some ArcadeCake adware may come from fake software update for Adobe, Java, and multimedia player.
ArcadeCake is a browser game that is reported to be compromised and sending user’s browser to multiple web sites that exhibits malicious advertisements. It is also the destination page for search results if the computer is hijack by relevant adware.
If ArcadeCake adware is present, we mentioned that constant pop-up, redirects, and hijacking are performed on the computer. These annoyances can only be stopped if you fully removed ArcadeCake adware from the PC. Deleting the add-on or plug-in linked to this threat is not enough to stop the pop-ups from showing. Re-installing the affected application like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox is also not the key to destroy ArcadeCake adware.
Online Security Scanner Report for arcadecake.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: March 21, 2015|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Updated: March 21, 2015|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: March 21, 2015|
Different anti-virus and anti-malware programs may name this threat according to their patterns. Here are some detection names: PUP.Optional.ArcadeCake.A
ArcadeCake Removal Guide
Stage 1: Remove Rootkit and Virus from the Computer
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit as well as malware that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link provided. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
– Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, double-click the file to install the program on the computer. It will update the database once installations has finished. Internet connection is required at this point.
3. After downloading necessary updates, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
4. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
– Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to ArcadeCake. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Adware Add-on linked to ArcadeCake and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted ArcadeCake from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (this will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of ArcadeCake on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with ArcadeCake. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from ArcadeCake. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Show advanced settings…‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset browser settings button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed ArcadeCake extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to ArcadeCake.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. ArcadeCake should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by ArcadeCake and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.