Apple-vpn-pro.com is another hoax website that will appear on the browser as part of multiple aggressive redirects. Users may encounter the pop-up or redirect when visiting malicious websites that may be infected, or published intentionally to divert web user’s browser to predefined websites. If Apple-vpn-pro.com is constantly appearing on the browser whether it is on Mac, iPhone, or iPad, this may signify adware infection.
Viewing the page by Apple-vpn-pro.com, web users can be easily deceived by the contents stating that iPhone, iPad, or Mac system is infected by a virus. The page also contains brief explanation and convincing procedures to remove the virus. Please note that there are several web sites producing the same pop-ups and redirects and the main target of this online fraud are Apple users.
As show in the image below, Apple-vpn-pro.com attempts to influence web users to download the recommended application. Unfortunately, suspicious websites like this often promotes unnecessary product that is not helpful in fixing virus or any sort of device problems. These questionable apps are simply useless utilities that were made to generate money for their creators while using various techniques to swindle money from users.
Pop-ups shown by Apple-vpn-pro.com are actually misleading. Its detection is purely imaginative and it will issue the same virus infection warning even on clean devices. Obviously, the purpose of Apple-vpn-pro.com is to sell a product through fraudulent manner. Therefore, we highly suggest to cease the pop-up right away and scan the computer to check if the source of the Apple-vpn-pro.com pop-up and redirects is due to adware infection.
Remove Apple-vpn-pro.com from iPhone and iPad
1. Turn Airplane Mode to On.
2. Go to Settings > Safari. On right window, tap the Clear History and Website Data.
3. Double-press the Home button and swipe-up Safari window to close the application.
4. Restart the device.
5. Turn Airplane Mode back to Off.
Procedures to Remove Apple-vpn-pro.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Apple-vpn-pro.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Apple-vpn-pro.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Apple-vpn-pro.com
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Apple-vpn-pro.com or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Apple-vpn-pro.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Apple-vpn-pro.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Apple-vpn-pro.com Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Apple-vpn-pro.com during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Apple-vpn-pro.com.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Apple-vpn-pro.com or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Apple-vpn-pro.com. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Apple-vpn-pro.com or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Apple-vpn-pro.com.