Apple.com-improve-macos.live is a misleading website that pretends to care for Mac user’s computer system. Web user is not supposed to visit the site because it is rigged with malicious behaviors. At first glance, user may not recognize the threat of viewing Apple.com-improve-macos.live. In fact, contents of the website seem to be concerned for Mac user’s security and privacy. However, after they download and install recommended application, user will recognize that it is a total fraud.
Any programs obtained from deceitful source like Apple.com-improve-macos.live are always harmful and fraudulent. Though, these potentially unwanted program (PUP) manages to trick user when it pretends to be a useful app that can secure and optimize Macintosh system. It always initialize scan on the system and produce falsified results to further delude victims. In the end, it pushes for the purchase of the promoted tool.
Some computer users who frequently redirected to Apple.com-improve-macos.live can easily identify that there are troubles in the browser, which needs immediate fix. In these cases, presence of adware is the root of regularly redirecting the browser to Apple.com-improve-macos.live. This requires intensive inspection on internet software to see all fields affected by the adware. Homepage settings, search settings, and browser extensions are most common section to look for unwanted changes carried out by the adware.
To easily remove Apple.com-improve-macos.live pop-ups and redirect from the computer, scanning the system with efficient security tool is highly recommended. Complete guide to execute the proper ways of eliminating the threat is provided on this page. Make sure to proceed with the steps in exact order to ensure absolute removal of Apple.com-improve-macos.live.
Procedures to Remove Apple.com-improve-macos.live from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Apple.com-improve-macos.live. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Apple.com-improve-macos.live.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Apple.com-improve-macos.live
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Apple.com-improve-macos.live or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Apple.com-improve-macos.live.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Apple.com-improve-macos.live is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Apple.com-improve-macos.live Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Apple.com-improve-macos.live during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Apple.com-improve-macos.live.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Apple.com-improve-macos.live or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Apple.com-improve-macos.live. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Apple.com-improve-macos.live or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Apple.com-improve-macos.live.