Apple.com-improve-macos.live is a misleading website that pretends to care for Mac user’s computer system. Web user is not supposed to visit the site because it is rigged with malicious behaviors. At first glance, user may not recognize the threat of viewing Apple.com-improve-macos.live. In fact, contents of the website seem to be concerned for Mac user’s security and privacy. However, after they download and install recommended application, user will recognize that it is a total fraud.
Any programs obtained from deceitful source like Apple.com-improve-macos.live are always harmful and fraudulent. Though, these potentially unwanted program (PUP) manages to trick user when it pretends to be a useful app that can secure and optimize Macintosh system. It always initialize scan on the system and produce falsified results to further delude victims. In the end, it pushes for the purchase of the promoted tool.
Some computer users who frequently redirected to Apple.com-improve-macos.live can easily identify that there are troubles in the browser, which needs immediate fix. In these cases, presence of adware is the root of regularly redirecting the browser to Apple.com-improve-macos.live. This requires intensive inspection on internet software to see all fields affected by the adware. Homepage settings, search settings, and browser extensions are most common section to look for unwanted changes carried out by the adware.
To easily remove Apple.com-improve-macos.live pop-ups and redirect from the computer, scanning the system with efficient security tool is highly recommended. Complete guide to execute the proper ways of eliminating the threat is provided on this page. Make sure to proceed with the steps in exact order to ensure absolute removal of Apple.com-improve-macos.live.
Procedures to Remove Apple.com-improve-macos.live from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Apple.com-improve-macos.live. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Apple.com-improve-macos.live.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Apple.com-improve-macos.live.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Apple.com-improve-macos.live is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Apple.com-improve-macos.live. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Step 2 : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Apple.com-improve-macos.live. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Clear the Safari Internet Browser (Mac)
1. Open your Safari browser application.
2. In the Safari menu, click on Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Preferences window, please select the Privacy tab.
4. Click on Manage Website Data button.
5. Select unwanted entry like Apple.com-improve-macos.live and click the Remove button. If you choose to Remove All, you may be logout from most visited websites and online services. Therefore, we advise to remove suspicious item one at a time to prevent changing behavior towards your favorite websites.
6. If it prompts, please confirm your actions.
7. Next, we will need to clear the Cache. Back at the Safari Preferences window, choose Advanced tab.
8. Navigate to the bottom and activate Show Develop menu in menu bar.
9. Go to Safari menu, choose on Develop from the drop down list and click on on Empty Caches.
10. Next thing to do is to restore the Homepage to your preference and remove the one from Apple.com-improve-macos.live.
11. Back at the Safari Preferences window, click on General tab.
12. Under Homepage section, type your desired URL to be the default start-up page.
13. Lastly, make sure to have the right Search Engine.
14. Go back to Safari Preferences window and click on Search tab.
15. Select your desired Search tool under the Search engine section.
16. You may not restart Safari browser.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Apple.com-improve-macos.live. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Apple.com-improve-macos.live.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Apple.com-improve-macos.live extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Apple.com-improve-macos.live. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Apple.com-improve-macos.live should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Get rid of Apple.com-improve-macos.live Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Apple.com-improve-macos.live. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Apple.com-improve-macos.live are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Apple.com-improve-macos.live pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Apple.com-improve-macos.live from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Apple.com-improve-macos.live.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Apple.com-improve-macos.live list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Apple.com-improve-macos.live from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Apple.com-improve-macos.live entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Apple.com-improve-macos.live pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Apple.com-improve-macos.live.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Apple.com-improve-macos.live pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Apple.com-improve-macos.live from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.