“Antivirus Update is prepared” is a fake warning message that originates from malicious websites where bogus system security and optimization tools are hosted. This short and misleading alert will pop-up on the screen when user pays a visit to web site that are implementing malicious advertising campaign or publishing ads, which promotes counterfeit security and optimization tool.
If “Antivirus Update is prepared” appears on the computer, it does not necessary mean that computer is infected with potentially unwanted program (PUP). As mentioned, the pop-up is a web page masquerading as official pop-up from MS Windows system. However, proceeding with this type of update does not provide valid system patches. Instead, it will redirect the browser to another malware site containing further deceptive and convincing messages as shown in the image below.
Your PC is infected with 5 viruses. Urgent update is required for PC Cleaner to protect system from viruses and prevent additional system damage to your personal data, such as loss of apps, photos or other files.
Downloading any kind of files or simply proceeding with fake “Antivirus Update is prepared” may lead to download and installation of potentially unwanted program like Auto System Speedup, System Clean Pro, One Click Speedup, and many more similar threats from the same family. Therefore, we highly advise to close internet browser program if it exhibits “Antivirus Update is prepared” scam message. This is the first step in preventing malware infection.
It is also recommended to scan the computer with combination of effective anti-malware and anti-virus tools to locate and delete malicious files associated to “Antivirus Update is prepared” pop-up.
“Antivirus Update is prepared” Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Malicious Application from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select suspicious application from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds “Antivirus Update is prepared” and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of malware using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for “Antivirus Update is prepared” . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all “Antivirus Update is prepared” entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that “Antivirus Update is prepared” have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to “Antivirus Update is prepared”.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Post Last Modified On October 14, 2020