When Mac user witnessed some changes on the browser and its usual function, it is advice to immediately look on the listed browser extension or add-on. It could be that an adware is interfering with the setup and it may have already overtaken the preference set by the web user. One adware that is adept in executing this unwanted browser modification is named AnalyzerSkill.
Online ads and entities claim that AnalyzerSkill is a valuable browser extension that contributes to the enhancement of online surfing and searching of Mac user. With that, it is anticipated that it targets known internet software that are operating on Mac OS computer including Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
Although good things are being said about AnalyzerSkill, Mac user should know that it is just a promotional gimmick to mislead them. The fact is, AnalyzerSkill is an adware that emerges from a family of adware and looking at the icon alone, we can clarify that this threat is just a remake of FractionData, AssistiveFile, and many more variants. In that case, AnalyzerSkill adopts the same principle of its predecessors and this threat is capable of executing unlawful actions once installed on browser application.
Legitimate ads and marketing strategies to promote AnalyzerSkill are all useless because Mac user do not commonly obtain such unknown program. For this matter, authors of this unwanted software are relying on different tactics to distribute AnalyzerSkill to random Mac users. Among the several deployment techniques, it was observed that majority of Mac users were victimized by a malicious software installer that carries AnalyzerSkill app.
In addition to software bundling hoax, malicious pop-up ads portraying as system warning is also contributing to the worldwide distribution of AnalyzerSkill. This is actually a pop-up ad designed to appear as alert that identifies obsolete programs that requires immediate updating. So, it prompts user to proceed with the update only to deceive them into acquiring the AnalyzerSkill app.
What to do with AnalyzerSkill?
The infiltration technique of AnalyzerSkill is already worrisome as it occupies the computer and internet browser program without due authority. Added to that, presence of this adware can result to annoyances due to excessive display of advertisements. In connection with this, ads from AnalyzerSkill are unusual and frequently contain malicious links that aims to direct browser pages to sites that hosts adware or malware like Caravane-plantes.com and Mynewtrkdomain.com.
It is obvious at this point that removal of AnalyzerSkill app is the solution to restore the internet program to its previous normal working condition. To help Mac user with this intricate tasks, we made a simple instructions on this page along with efficient anti-virus and anti-malware tools.
Procedures to Remove AnalyzerSkill from Mac
This area contains comprehensive procedures to help you remove adware and potentially unwanted program from the computer.
Guide on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of adware like AnalyzerSkill. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing AnalyzerSkill.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Delete AnalyzerSkill from Mac Applications
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find AnalyzerSkill or any unwanted program.
4. Drag AnalyzerSkill to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to AnalyzerSkill
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plug-ins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located AnalyzerSkill, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed AnalyzerSkill
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
The term unknown is just a representation of the actual malware name. Attackers may masks the actual name with following:
- FractionData, AssistiveFile
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing AnalyzerSkill to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
Important: Take note of all the suspicious files as you may also delete the same item on another folder as we go on.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Please restart the computer.
7. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
8. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step 4. Drag them to the Trash.
9. Repeat the process on the following non-hidden folders (without ~):
10. Lastly, go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with the following names and drag them to Trash.
- FractionData, AssistiveFile
Optional : For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to AnalyzerSkill adware.
Step 4 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including AnalyzerSkill.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, AnalyzerSkill is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 5 : Remove AnalyzerSkill from Homepage and Search
- Open your Safari browser.
- Go to Safari Menu located on upper left hand corner, and then select Preferences.
- Under General tab, navigate to Default Search Engine section and select Google or any valid search engine.
- Next, be sure that "New Windows Open With" field is set to Homepage.
- Lastly, remove AnalyzerSkill from the Homepage field. Replace it with your preferred URL to be set as your default homepage.
- Open Chrome browser.
- Type the following on the address bar and press Enter on keyboard : chrome://settings/
- Look for 'On Startup' area.
- Select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'.
- Click on More Actions and select Edit.
- Enter the desired web address as your home page, replacing AnalyzerSkill. Click Save.
- To set default search engine, go to Search Engine area.
- Click on 'Manage search engines...' button.
- Go to questionable Search Engine. Click on More Actions and Click 'Remove from list'.
- Go back to Search Engine area and choose valid entry from Search engine used in the address bar.
- Run Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type the following on the address bar and hit Enter on keyboard : about:preferences
- On Startup area, select 'Show your home page' under 'When Firefox starts' field.
- Under Home Page field, type the desired URL to replace AnalyzerSkill settings.
- To configure default search engine, select Search on left sidebar to display settings.
- Under Default Search Engine list, please select one.
- On the same page, you have an option to Remove unwanted search engine.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by AnalyzerSkill. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select AnalyzerSkill or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with AnalyzerSkill.