Ampxsearch.com is a homepage hijacker that mostly affects internet applications like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer. This adware normally controls homepage and new tab of browser programs. Therefore, if you notice Ampxsearch.com on the pages of this application, be aware that your computer needs cleaning. Adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP) may be present on the computer, which can bring other troubles than homepage hijacking.
Nearly all homepage redirect adware as well as Ampxsearch.com aims to change your search engine too. The intention is to divert your online search outcome to its own server. With this scheme, attackers can manipulate the results to include paid links and other advertising modules. Thus, you may see lots of unwanted links, banners, and pop-up ads on the search result page.
With the mentioned annoyances, some people are worried that their computer is infected with a virus. Although the disturbances made by Ampxsearch.com are limitless, computer security experts will never list it under the category of virus. Technically, Ampxsearch.com is classed as adware or ad-supported program. It produces unsolicited behavior to web browsers that causes disorder but it lacks the attribute to be considered computer virus.
Nevertheless, it is still not safe to let Ampxsearch.com stay on the browser. Pop-up ads and browser redirect it yields off can lead to adware and malware infections. Therefore, it is vital to delete this adware from the computer as soon as possible. On this page is our easy-to-follow guide to help you get rid of Ampxsearch.com efficiently.
Online Security Scanner Report for ampxsearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Nov. 12, 2017|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Nov. 12, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Nov. 12, 2017|
Ampxsearch.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Ampxsearch.com home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Ampxsearch.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Ampxsearch.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Ampxsearch.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Ampxsearch.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Ampxsearch.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Ampxsearch.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Ampxsearch.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Ampxsearch.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Ampxsearch.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Ampxsearch.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up’. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Ampxsearch.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Ampxsearch.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please view instructions here.