Amazonaws.com “Update Available” is a website in which it presents web visitors with click bait techniques in order to convince allowing alerts from their site or download a software bundle onto their Mac system. Spamming browsers with numerous notifications are the usual operations of Amazonaws.com “Update Available”. This malicious website also causes redirects in the form of pop-ups that will keep appearing and could lead internet users to other suspicious web pages.
Amazonaws.com spreading on browsers were possibly caused by potentially unwanted application (PUA) or adware installed on computer. Bear in mind that not all free downloadable applications are useful; some could bring infections to the system. Unwanted programs have the ability to run intrusive ads and redirects causing misbehavior into browsers. Encountering redirects such as Amazonaws.com “Update Available” can be an indication that there is an imminent threat of malicious software is already running on the computer.
Another possibility of coming across with Amazonaws.com “Update Available” is through intrusive ads or pop-ups that appear on websites that web users frequently visit. There are similar malicious sites that also generate and triggers intrusive ads or pop-ups that leads to open Amazonaws.com on browser.
It is not advisable to click on anything while browsing. One single click can make complications that are more serious. Developers use several ways to spread their malicious software in order to trick web users, especially inexperienced ones.
Amazonaws.com – Update Available
Amazonaws.com displays button trying to convince web users to click on it. As soon as confirmed, Amazonaws.com will start to send notifications to browsers containing deceptive ads or promotions, fake downloads and software updates. Those alerts associated by Amazonaws.com can automatically link to other web pages, which could be inappropriate or unexpected. In addition, intrusive ads that appear on screen can be a scam trying to fool web visitors into purchasing or availing a certain product or service even when there is nothing available. As shown in the screenshot image, the malicious URL s3.amazonaws.com contains the following deceiving message:
An update to Flash Player is available. Download and install it?
Browsing experience of web users is reduced especially page content visibility. It is because of ads and pop-up redirects that consistently appearing on the screen. Removing permission from browser can be the way to stop notifications from Amazonaws.com. One more thing, uninstalling unwanted programs from computer can prevent further exposure to malicious websites.
Procedures to Remove Amazonaws.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Amazonaws.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Amazonaws.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Amazonaws.com
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Amazonaws.com or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Amazonaws.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Amazonaws.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Amazonaws.com Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Amazonaws.com during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Amazonaws.com.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Amazonaws.com or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Amazonaws.com Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Amazonaws.com is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Amazonaws.com pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Amazonaws.com.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Amazonaws.com. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Amazonaws.com or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Amazonaws.com.