Another addition to the list of ad-driven browser extension is called AllSaver. This will come as part of InstalleRex and gets installed on the PC without taking full consent of the user. AllSaver adware is distributed by means of assorted potentially unwanted program. In general, this adware is bundled to free tools, multimedia player, and download manager which may appear useful but without user’s knowledge, they were made to spread a bunch of adware.
When AllSaver is installed on the computer, it alters settings on the browser. Typically, affected software are Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and sometimes, Safari. AllSaver is added as browser helper object (BHO) and initiates right away when you run affected Internet browser program.
During the existence of AllSaver, user may observe excessive ads on the browser. It is most active when you are online and surfing online shopping sites. Furthermore, AllSaver adware constantly pop-ups banners and sidebar ads that are relevant to your interest. The adware does this by monitoring your browsing habit, visited web pages, and keywords. As you can see, AllSaver was made as income generating adware that intends to market programs and services online.
Integration of AllSaver to the browser can be eliminated by deleting extension, add-on or plug-in from the settings. Although, the adware may trick you into using different names and alias like AAllSaver, AllSavEr, and AlllSaaver. It is vital that you identify the adware and remove it from the computer to stop the bothering.
How to Remove AllSaver
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall AllSaver
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove AllSaver entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to AllSaver. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted AllSaver from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of AllSaver on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove AllSaver
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with AllSaver. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from AllSaver. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed AllSaver extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to AllSaver.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. AllSaver should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by AllSaver and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.