Allow-youtube.com is a specific internet address, which intends to force online users to visit certain ad pages on their site. Publishers of Allow-youtube.com could possibly endorse this suspicious website by displaying ads or pop-ups from other dubious web pages attracting online users to click on those adverts that cause the redirection into the actual page.
In addition to that, exhibiting Allow-youtube.com on the browser could possibly an effect of potentially unwanted programs (PUP) or adware that runs on the operating system. Installation of such unwanted software can be very discreet; it penetrates even without the permission of online users. Its implications normally include triggering ads or pop-ups from questionable sites like Allow-youtube.com.
When the browser suddenly redirects to Allow-youtube.com, it will present its visitors with a pop-up saying “Allow-youtube.com wants to send you notifications”. When a web user click on the “allow” button, it promptly enables the browser notification features. Unfortunately, this approval allows Allow-youtube.com to bombard the browser with a lot of intrusive advertisements in different formats. These ads usually promotes installation of unwanted programs, automatically inject a particular malware directly on the computer, or redirect the browser to other malicious sites. The threat will begin the moment an internet user permits push notifications from Allow-youtube.com. Therefore, it is advisable not to click anything on this dubious web page.
The effects of accessing Allow-youtube.com will somehow influence the browser behavior but it can also pose a risk to the computer’s safety since the ads from this site can inject any kind of malware, which targets to contaminate the operating systems. Moreover, Allow-youtube.com can also present unsuitable and inappropriate contents to the web users. This website also operates just to generate income through its pay-per-click scheme. Ads from Allow-youtube.com can really be deceptive to convince online users into clicking, but eventually will redirect to websites promoting scams.
Steps to remove Allow-youtube.com pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Allow-youtube.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Allow-youtube.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Allow-youtube.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Allow-youtube.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Allow-youtube.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Allow-youtube.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Allow-youtube.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Allow-youtube.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Allow-youtube.com on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Allow-youtube.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Allow-youtube.com pop-up is gone.
Remove Allow-youtube.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Allow-youtube.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Allow-youtube.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Allow-youtube.com on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Allow-youtube.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Allow-youtube.com pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Allow-youtube.com from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Allow-youtube.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Allow-youtube.com that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Allow-youtube.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Allow-youtube.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Allow-youtube.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Allow-youtube.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Allow-youtube.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Allow-youtube.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Allow-youtube.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Allow-youtube.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Allow-youtube.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Allow-youtube.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Stopping Allow-youtube.com Pop-up on Mobile Devices
Aside from PC and Mac, Allow-youtube.com pop-ups and redirects can also affect browser programs on mobile phones like Android and iOS devices. To stop the annoying pop-ups and remove its source, please execute the procedures as stated here.
Please take note that the tutorial in removing Allow-youtube.com pop-ups from mobile devices contains automatic and manual procedures. If you are not a technical user, we recommend to follow the instant removal method to automatically stop Allow-youtube.com pop-ups from mobile device using a malware scanner.