Another Google Chrome extension that offers convenient web search is All Movies Tab. Aside from that, this program claims to be a useful tool to watch movie trailers and explore popular films and TV shows online. Just like any other intrusive extension, All Movies Tab allows users to utilize this free tool but the catch is, it will modify browser settings to pull off its objective.
All Movies Tab will override homepage, new tab, and default search provider. These browser components will all resolve to allmoviestab.com as the default web address. In addition, all users search inquiries are redirected to said address before it displays the actual outcome via Bing Search. The main reason why homepage and search hijackers are increasing is due to escalating demands for web user’s data. All Movies Tab collects this data from compromised web browser without the knowledge of user. Its can monitor and record browsing habit, search keywords, and identifiable information.
Unfortunately, extracted data from the browser is often misuse by adware maker to improve advertising presence. All Movies Tab may display more attractive ads that can positively gain revenue because it can produce more targeted advertisements. For additional profit, owner of All Movies Tab may sell the collected information to third party online marketing partners.
Official website is endorsing All Movies Tab as valuable program; hence, once it is integrated to Google Chrome browser, it bypasses user’s preferences. Because of this, many are opting to get rid of All Movies Tab. Simple and quick way to remove this adware is included on this page. Navigate to the complete procedures below.
All Movies Tab Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove All Movies Tab from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove All Movies Tab from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If All Movies Tab persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove All Movies Tab from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete All Movies Tab by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of All Movies Tab removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from All Movies Tab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by All Movies Tab. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall All Movies Tab
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove All Movies Tab entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to All Movies Tab.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including All Movies Tab and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to All Movies Tab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.