Adware Bprotect is not a virus or malware. Computer security experts dubbed it as potentially unwanted program or PUP. In that case, Adware Bprotect is considered as a program that may be installed on the PC without user’s request. In most instances, adware can cause security risks on the computer. Privacy of user is also at the brink of peril. Because of the presence of Adware Bprotect, attacker may gather data from the affected computer including user name and password.
An observation shows that Adware Bprotect is qualified to alter various settings on the computer and known browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. These changes are beneficial only to an attacker, while it endanger the privacy of computer users.
Common practice employed by Adware Bprotect creator includes freeware. It is injected into free software that you can obtain from various servers. Chances are, most victims are not aware that there is a threat for downloading free programs whether it comes from popular or unknown sources. Once executed, Adware Bprotect drops a browser helper object (BHO) with file name “Browserprotect.dll“. It pretends to be an add-on that gives security and protect the browser from various threats. However, in reality, Browserprotect is a fraudulent program.
Characteristics of Adware Bprotect:
Adware Bprotect is known as program that installs other adware. It is integrated as an extension to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. When this adware exists on the computer, chances are, you will see that some Windows functions are disabled. Folder Options, Task Manager, Registry Editor, and Active Desktop will stop working.
Adware Bprotect will drop files on the following locations:
Adware Bprotect will add the following registry values to Windows computer:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “DisableTaskMgr” = 1
How to Remove Adware Bprotect (Uninstall Procedures)
Stage 1: Remove Rootkit and Virus from the Computer
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit as well as malware that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from this page. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
2. Once the download completes, double-click the file to install the program on the computer. It will update the database once installations has finished. Internet connection is required at this point.
3. After downloading necessary updates, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
4. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware Bprotect with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Adware Bprotect. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Adware Bprotect from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Adware Bprotect on the affected browser.