Adskeeper.co.uk is an advertising platform that may display various types of offensive marketing and promotional materials on the browser. Web users typically see ads from this URL if they visit intrusive websites that runs a redirect scripts. It is certain that Adskeeper.co.uk is associated to other aggressive online ad network in which they gain addition web traffic through its referral schemes.
Many computer users especially those that are operating under Mac environment are displeased with the restless pop-up ads and redirects coming from Adskeeper.co.uk. There were reports that it is redirecting internet browser programs to websites that hosts adware masquerading as valuable freeware. The technique is known as software bundling scheme where the free program or host file contains multiple apps but do not notify web users about this package. The motive is to discretely install several apps onto the computer without the knowledge of user.
Seeing Adskeeper.co.uk on the browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari do not always equate to virus infection. As mentioned earlier, liberated web users who frequently pay a visit to distrusted websites often see Adskeeper.co.uk during ad display. Hence, if Adskeeper.co.uk appearance is persistent especially during internet browser start-up, this may denote an adware infection. The remedy to this issue would be to thoroughly scan the computer with legitimate anti-malware and anti-virus tools. We are providing these scanners on this page in order to help user find and delete harmful objects that redirects the browser to Adskeeper.co.uk. Please execute the procedures in exact order to ensure complete removal of the threat.
Procedures to Remove Adskeeper.co.uk from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Adskeeper.co.uk. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Adskeeper.co.uk.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Adskeeper.co.uk
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Adskeeper.co.uk or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Adskeeper.co.uk.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Adskeeper.co.uk is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Adskeeper.co.uk Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Adskeeper.co.uk during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Adskeeper.co.uk.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Adskeeper.co.uk or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Adskeeper.co.uk Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Adskeeper.co.uk is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Adskeeper.co.uk pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Adskeeper.co.uk.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Adskeeper.co.uk. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Adskeeper.co.uk or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Adskeeper.co.uk.