Adskeeper.co.uk is an advertising platform that may display various types of offensive marketing and promotional materials on the browser. Web users typically see ads from this URL if they visit intrusive websites that runs a redirect scripts. It is certain that Adskeeper.co.uk is associated to other aggressive online ad network in which they gain addition web traffic through its referral schemes.
Many computer users especially those that are operating under Windows and Mac environment are displeased with the restless pop-up ads and redirects coming from Adskeeper.co.uk. There were reports that it is redirecting internet browser programs to websites that hosts adware masquerading as valuable freeware. The technique is known as software bundling scheme where the free program or host file contains multiple apps but do not notify web users about this package. The motive is to discretely install several apps onto the computer without the knowledge of user.
Seeing Adskeeper.co.uk on the browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari do not always equate to virus infection. As mentioned earlier, liberated web users who frequently pay a visit to distrusted websites often see Adskeeper.co.uk during ad display. Hence, if Adskeeper.co.uk appearance is persistent especially during internet browser start-up, this may denote an adware infection. The remedy to this issue would be to thoroughly scan the computer with legitimate anti-malware and anti-virus tools. We are providing these scanners on this page in order to help user find and delete harmful objects that redirects the browser to Adskeeper.co.uk. Please execute the procedures in exact order to ensure complete removal of the threat.
Adskeeper.co.uk Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Adskeeper.co.uk.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Adskeeper.co.uk and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Adskeeper.co.uk on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Adskeeper.co.uk.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Adskeeper.co.uk.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Procedures to Remove Adskeeper.co.uk from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Adskeeper.co.uk. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Adskeeper.co.uk.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Adskeeper.co.uk.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Adskeeper.co.uk is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Get rid of Adskeeper.co.uk Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Adskeeper.co.uk. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Adskeeper.co.uk are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Adskeeper.co.uk pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Adskeeper.co.uk from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be sucessful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Adskeeper.co.uk.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Adskeeper.co.uk list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Adskeeper.co.uk from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Adskeeper.co.uk entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Adskeeper.co.uk pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Adskeeper.co.uk.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Adskeeper.co.uk pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Adskeeper.co.uk from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
Stopping Adskeeper.co.uk Pop-up on Mobile Devices
Aside from PC and Mac, Adskeeper.co.uk pop-ups and redirects can also affect browser programs on mobile phones like Android and iOS devices. To stop the annoying pop-ups and remove its source, please execute the procedures as stated here.
Please take note that the tutorial in removing Adskeeper.co.uk pop-ups from mobile devices contains automatic and manual procedures. If you are not a technical user, we recommend to follow the instant removal method to automatically stop Adskeeper.co.uk pop-ups from mobile device using a malware scanner.