adserv.qwiklinx.net is part of an adware. The address is actually a web site that serves a number of advertisements to certain web sites. There are also instances that code will be injected into the browser to let adserv.qwiklinx.net display ads outside of the context. This code is known as Add-on for Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, or Extension in Google Chrome.
Computer users normally acquire the adware from a range of sources. Main method to distribute adserv.qwiklinx.net is through third-party programs known as shareware. Adware authors intentionally developed shareware and attract users to download and install it into the computer. Users are not aware that installing the program also inserts adserv.qwiklinx.net pop-up into their browser. Some may intentionally install the adware regarding it as a useful plug-in for their browser.
Some of the displeasure you may observe from adserv.qwiklinx.net is constant display of pop-up ads. It also redirects web browser to unknown web sites and full-page ads. As you can see, the primary payload of adserv.qwiklinx.net is purely to generate income via its marketing scheme. It may do other harm on the computer and steal data that is why we suggest instant removal.
Online Security Scanner Report for adserv.quiklinx.net:
Even though adserv.quiklinx.net produces bothering pop-up ads similar to other computer threats, the web site still receives no bad status. On online security check that we have made, none of the three scanners have already checked the site for presence of malicious entities. We will update this table as soon as we have new information.
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Sept. 2, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept. 2, 2013|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Sept. 2, 2013|
adserv.quiklinx.net Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to adserv.quiklinx.net. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove adserv.quiklinx.net Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted adserv.quiklinx.net from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of adserv.quiklinx.net on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with adserv.quiklinx.net. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to adserv.quiklinx.net.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. adserv.quiklinx.net should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by adserv.quiklinx.net and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.