RoboSavEr pop-up is tagged as adware that targets most known browsers. It installs add-on or extension into these programs in order to carry out the tasks. RoboSavEr was made specifically to display pop-up ads, coupons, deals, and other online discounts. This program may be useful to some users who frequently make online shopping and purchases. However, security experts reveal that not all links from RoboSavEr or ‘brought by RoboSavEr’ may be worth visiting. It is exposed that malware authors are taking advantage of this scheme to deploy malicious codes.
Internet is the main path to spread RoboSavEr and other sorts of adware. It is bundled to freeware or shareware that may find appealing to web users. The adware code is injected to programs like Adobe Flash Player, Tools, Utilities, and bogus software updates. Basically, installing any of this software gives you the chance to exclude RoboSavEr adware. But due to default setup commence by most users, RoboSavEr typically loads into computer without full knowledge.
You should know that having adware on the computer has consequences. For a fact, RoboSavEr can be useful to some but it may also cause some risks on the system. Data can be collected by the adware and that includes sensitive information. RoboSavEr as mentioned earlier can also lead to a disaster if you happen to click malicious links pointing to a malware web site.
How to Remove RoboSavEr (Adware Removal Guide)
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to RoboSavEr. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove RoboSavEr Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted RoboSavEr from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of RoboSavEr on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with RoboSavEr. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to RoboSavEr.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. RoboSavEr should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by RoboSavEr and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Post Last Modified On January 10, 2014