It is very conventional when web users see advertisements while browsing the internet. Nevertheless, if ads were continuously displaying on places they should not be, then it is a notion that there is something wrong with browser program’s setup. One of the most common reasons for this unusual browser modification is the existence of adware like Access My Email Tab.
Access My Email Tab is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that infiltrates the computer without control of online users. It functions maliciously on browser programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari. Though developers introduce it as a beneficial application, the manner of Access My Email Tab on the computer explains why it is dubbed as an unwanted application. Once Access My Email Tab operates, it will start to target web browsers and hijacks the homepage, new tab pages, and search engine. After alterations, Access My Email Tab will trigger redirects and exhibits intrusive advertisements straight to browser window. Clicking any pop-ups that appears on computer screen could lead to different kinds of dreadful websites. Typically, such sites include illegal gambling sites, illicit video streaming, or mature-related pages.
Ads by Access My Email Tab could facilitate fake products and services or false updates. Sometimes, such adverts can automatically install adware or any type of malware. Clicking ads is not advisable; it may activate some threats on the operating system. Implications of Access My Email Tab on the computer could result to privacy and security issues in the future. Access My Email Tab can gather and record browsing-related information, even confidential details about web users saved on device. This crucial data can be at risk and possibly exposed to cyber criminals for revenue generation purposes. A simple installation of Access My Email Tab onto computers can lead from minor to severe issues.
Access My Email Tab probably exists on computers because of either intentional or unconscious installation. Whichever, Access My Email Tab can penetrate without online user’s consent. Setting up with other programs, Access My Email Tab was able to enter the operating system through bundling. Some installation process does not indicate that there is another program along with it. Likewise, there are applications asking for optional installs or extra features, this may give progress for Access My Email Tab or any other PUP to invade computer system.
Access My Email Tab Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Access My Email Tab.
Remove Access My Email Tab Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Access My Email Tab or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Access My Email Tab Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Access My Email Tab and remove it from the browser.
Remove Access My Email Tab Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Access My Email Tab from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Access My Email Tab is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Access My Email Tab or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Access My Email Tab on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Access My Email Tab.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Access My Email Tab.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Access My Email Tab.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Access My Email Tab.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Access My Email Tab and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Access My Email Tab
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Access My Email Tab is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Access My Email Tab
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Access My Email Tab, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Access My Email Tab and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Access My Email Tab should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove Access My Email Tab from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.