Abstract HD – New Tab is a Google Chrome extension that many computer users referred as browser hijacker. It was labeled that way because it can change homepage and new tab settings even without permission from user. Abstract HD – New Tab carry out the modification through extension that it forcibly loads onto the browser. Thus, the only way to revert back homepage to previous setting is to delete Abstract HD extension from Google Chrome browser.
This potentially unwanted extension is associated to various adware with similar functions. It came from the makers of Equal Tab and Cat Start. All of them may be installed on the browser without having to ask for user’s permission. To accomplish this, Abstract HD – New Tab will arrive on the computer in a form of software bundles. Be aware that aside from this unknown program, other malicious apps may enter the computer once you execute the package.
To sight and example, free games, download manager, tools, and other costless application may have Abstract HD extension with them. Upon installing said free software, other unwanted program that arrives with it also loads silently in the background. Therefore, you will be shock to see that homepage, new tab, and even default search engine is occupied with Abstract HD – New Tab objects.
Apart from customized and attractive homepage, Abstract HD – New Tab also offers free weather update and quick access to popular web sites. It provides one-click access icons for sites like Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and many more. Even with such appealing features, we can say that it is still safer to browse the web without this extension. Abstract HD – New Tab is able to monitor browsing habit and collects sensitive data from user’s web activities. It compromises ones online privacy, which may lead to identity theft if not resolved immediately.
To remove Abstract HD – New Tab along with other malicious objects that arrives with it, please execute the procedures below. Scan the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools to ensure complete removal of Abstract HD – New Tab.
Online Security Scanner Report for abstracthd-tab.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 26, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 26, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 26, 2017|
How to Remove Abstract HD – New Tab
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Abstract HD – New Tab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Abstract HD – New Tab entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Abstract HD – New Tab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Abstract HD – New Tab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Abstract HD – New Tab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Abstract HD – New Tab from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Abstract HD – New Tab from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Abstract HD – New Tab by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Abstract HD – New Tab removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Abstract HD – New Tab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Abstract HD – New Tab. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.