A_princ@aol.com Ransomware arrives as an attached file to spam email messages. It tricks users by pretending to be an important file. Once executed, this ransom virus will encrypt files on your computer using complex algorithm. The same method is applied by most ransomware virus. To be precise, target files will have the .firstname.lastname@example.org extension. In order for you to receive the decryption key, you need to communicate with attacker using the provided email address. By paying certain amount in Bitcoin currency, you will get access to your files once again.
In most instances, A_princ@aol.com propagates next to another virus. It will take advantage of software exploit and utilize it as an entry point. This virus also conceals its presence on the computer and avoid detection. In addition, some variants can make your anti-virus program useless. Related processes are taken down by this malware to disable any running security applications.
A_princ@aol.com virus looks for essential files including documents, photos, music, and videos. As a reminder, this virus will display a wallpaper stating that your computer and files are compromised. It suggests that you communicate with them via email shown on the same background.
System Restore of Windows may help in resolving issues with viruses and malware. However, it will not settle problems with encrypted files. If your computer is running on Windows Vista/7 or later, perhaps ‘Previous Versions’ may help restore files from backup.
How to Remove A_princ@aol.com Ransomware
Ransomware files are placed deeply into the system and on various locations, thus, thorough scanning is vital to totally remove A_princ@aol.com Ransomware virus. Aside from our suggested tool, you may also run your own security program.
Though affected files may be impossible to decrypt due to complexity of the encryption, you can still try recovery method like Shadow Explorer or Previous Version as described below.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds A_princ@aol.com Ransomware virus and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for A_princ@aol.com Ransomware’s leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for A_princ@aol.com Ransomware. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all A_princ@aol.com Ransomware virus entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that A_princ@aol.com Ransomware have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 3 : Unlocking files that were encrypted by email@example.com Ransomware
This is a generic decryption procedure using RakhniDecryptor for the following types:
1. Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor version 22.214.171.124 or higher from the link below and save the file to your hard drive.
RakhniDecryptor Download Link (this will open on a new window)
2. Extract the downloaded file to any preferred location.
3. Double-click on RakhniDecryptor.exe to run the tool.
4. Click on Start Scan button to begin the process of searching for firstname.lastname@example.org encrypted files.
5. RakhniDecryptor will prompt your to specify the path for encrypted files. Navigate to folder containing .email@example.com encrypted files. Select supported files types such as Word, Excel, Music, Image, and so on. Never choose Text file on the selection as it may cause errors during decryption process.
6. After selecting file types, click on Open button. RakhniDecryptor will scan the computer for files similar to ones your have chosen. Therefore, you may need to run a separate scan for different files types and extensions.
7. The tool will prompt you once scan and decryption has completed. Click on Details to view the scan results.
8. On Scan results screen, you will have the list of all files successfully decrypted by the tool. You may now close the program and manually delete encrypted files.
Option 1: Windows Previous Version Tool
Windows Vista and Windows 7 have a feature called Previous Versions. However, this tool is only usable if restore point was made prior to A_princ@aol.com Ransomware virus infection. To use this tool and recover files affected by the virus, please follow these steps:
1. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click on the affected files or folders. From the drop-down list, please click on Restore previous versions.
3. New window will open display all backup copy of files and folders you wanted to recover. Choose the appropriate file and click on Open, Copy, or Restore. Restoring selected files overwrites the current encrypted files on the computer.
Option 2: Use ShadowExplorer to restore files encrypted by A_princ@aol.com Ransomware
Just like Previous Version tool, ShadowExplorer is taking advantage of shadow copy created by Windows. This tool allows you to retrieve older version of files before it was encrypted by A_princ@aol.com Ransomware.
1. Download ShadowExplorer from the official web site.
2. Install the program with the default settings.
3. The program should run automatically after installation. If not, double-click on ShadowExplorer icon.
4. You can see the drop-down list on top of the console. Please select proper drive and the most recent point-in-time shadow copies of files you wish to restore prior to A_princ@aol.com Ransomware infection.
5. Right-click on the Drive, Folder, or File you wish to restore and click Export…
6. Lastly, ShadowExplorer will prompt for location where you want to save the copy of recovered files.