5StarDeals is a malicious browser add-on, extension, or plug-in. It targets most known browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Deploying this kind of adware involves third party application known to many as freeware. Adware makers are re-packing free programs with 5StarDeals adware before it is distributed to various web sites. In addition, ‘Pay-per-install’ scheme is being utilized to spread 5StarDeals onto computer when shareware is downloaded and installed.
During the presence of 5StarDeals adware, browser may suffer from various annoyances including excessive pop-up ads and browser redirect. Due to adware’s changes, ads are also injected into legitimate web pages. In-text ads, drop-down coupons, and banners may appear on the browser as you do online shopping and paying a visit to merchant web sites.
Due to the changes that 5StarDeals adware has made on the browser, most user complains of difficulty in restoring it back to previous settings. Even uninstalling 5StarDeals from Add/Remove program of Windows Control Panel would not be the solution. This could be due to the hidden entities that the adware has injected. You may want to look at browser settings and remove any extension pertaining to 5StarDeals. Furthermore, shortcut links may also be affected if each time you run the browser, it redirects to 5stardeals.org.
Online Security Scanner Report for 5stardeals.org:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 11, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Jan. 11, 2014|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 11, 2014|
How to Remove 5StarDeals Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall 5StarDeals
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove 5StarDeals entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to 5StarDeals. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted 5StarDeals from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of 5StarDeals on the affected browser.