5star AdBlock is a program that is endorsed as a tool to stop annoying pop-up ads from your computer. The program states that your system will be free from unwanted pop-up advertisements if it was installed. However, 5star AdBlock is another ad-driven program. As such, it will issue own advertisements from its network. This is essential for people behind this product because they will generate online profit from this advertising scheme.
Technically, 5star AdBlock is not a virus. It is much considered as potentially unwanted program or PUP. Some people deemed it as virus because it can enter the PC without user’s permission. It is bundled to freeware and other third-party programs. 5star AdBlock targets popular browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari.
5star AdBlock gets loaded into the system as browser extension, add-on, or plug-in. It will inject pop-up ads, banners, and inline text into the web page. As you can observe, main goal of 5star AdBlock is to gain profit by manipulating the affected browser. Apart from that, this program means to gather data from your computer. It also installs Internet cookies which will track the clicks generated from your machine. Profit of adware authors will be based on the clicks made from compromised system.
Online Security Scanner Report for 5staradblock.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct. 18, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Oct. 18, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Oct. 18, 2014|
How to Remove 5star AdBlock Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall 5star AdBlock
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove 5star AdBlock entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to 5star AdBlock. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted 5star AdBlock from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of 5star AdBlock on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On October 18, 2014