24×7 Help pop-up is a small program that is integrated into the system to be able to promote computer assistance service via phone number 1-866-412-8942. You may get this program by downloading and installing shareware applications. By packing 24×7 Help applet into other software, developers are hoping to spread the service fast and easy. Unknown to user, program they have downloaded and installed will somehow corrupt the system by dropping an adware. So far, 24×7 Help is deemed as an adware and not a computer virus.
When 24×7 Help is installed, it will pop-up from the system tray at any given time, without the need be executed. The adware promotes mainly their “emergency computer assistance” service, followed by a series of tools and programs, which it calls essential. These are Spyware Terminator 2012, PCRx Registry Cleaner, and Online Vault Backup, which are all made by 24x7help.org.
Aside from system tray 24×7 Help intervenes with all open programs and appears on top portion. It will contain the following message:
Click here for instant access to technical support from the 24×7 Help technicians or use our effective and powerful online tools to diagnose and repair your PC.
24×7 Help pop-up may deceive you with false findings about computer errors or virus presence. Keep in mind that this is how the program can force you to use their online support assistance. The same method attempts to entice you in buying endorsed programs.
If you are seeing 24×7 Help on the computer, it is still best to remove the adware using add/remove program of Windows. If not fully removed, utilize some tools to uninstall 24×7 Help adware completely.
How to “Remove 24×7 Help” Pop-up
Step 1: Uninstall the program
In order to stop the pop-up from “24×7 Help”, you need to remove the program from Windows. To do this, please follow the procedure.
1. Click on Start > Control Panel.
2. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program.
3. Select 24×7 Help from the list and click on Uninstall.
4. If it prompts if you want to completely remove 24×7 Help and all of its components, please click Yes.
5. To complete the uninstall process, it will prompt to restart Windows. Please restart the computer.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to 24×7 Help. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.