1337x.to is a website that operates as dedicated portal for searching and downloading Torrent files. Some web users commonly utilized this site when looking for particular files to download like software, movies, audio, and so on. Name it, and the Torrent file for the needed media can be found on 1337x.to. Sadly, not all internet visits to 1337x.to are voluntarily, some web users who came into contact with the site were just redirected after paying viewing a malicious online pages. Some experiences 1337x.to on their browser program as pop-up that aggressively drives the browser to particular pages of the site. As such, different users may encounter different occurrence of 1337x.to depending on how the internet browser program is affected.
The common interference of 1337x.to on web users is through pop-up ads. The first time that this website pop-ups on the browser, it will prompt for a permission to allow 1337x.to to send push notification on default internet browser program. If web users authorized this protocol, they are allowing 1337x.to to send notification to internet software and unfortunately, cyber offenders are making use of this feature to deliver advertisements instead of a legitimate notice. From this point, the browser program will persistently receive push notification pop-ups from 1337x.to.
Most 1337x.to redirects are not caused by any kind of infection but rather a simple script running on the visited website. Hence, if the browser program is showing relentless redirects to 1337x.to, it could mean an adware infection. The intrusion of adware onto browser program that causes redirects to 1337x.to is very possible especially if web user is constantly paying a visit to sites that are involved in copyright infringement like those that offers free download of movies, video, software, and so on. Online gambling and adult-oriented websites are likewise the cause of adware infection that can be the basis for 1337x.to browser redirect.
Is 1337x.to a virus?
Definitely, computer security analyst will never classify 1337x.to as a form of virus. The worst, it can be in the list of aggressive websites that produces pop-up ads. It is obvious that ad serving is one way for 1337x.to to generate revenue in order to fund its operation. However, ads from this websites are somehow aggressive and some may contain links that can lead to a threat contamination.
To conclude, 1337x.to is not a virus. Though, if web users is careless in visiting the site or unwise in accessing links from 1337x.to, it could be the root for future computer infection. With regards to removal of 1337x.to pop-up notification, user can simply delete the entry from browser configuration. Redirects can be dealt with thorough scanning of the computer using effective tools like anti-virus and anti-malware application. See the complete guide to remove 1337x.to on the next segment.
1337x.to Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove 1337x.to automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like 1337x.to that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to 1337x.to.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats because one of those might be the responsible for showing of 1337x.to. Please restart the computer when necessary.
Step 1 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of codes causing 1337x.to to show up on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by 1337x.to.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to 1337x.to pop-ups.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 2 : Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted applications are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet software. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to 1337x.to.
For Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find suspicious browser extension and Remove it from Google Chrome.
4. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is suspicious and may be relevant to 1337x.to. Click Remove to delete it from Mozilla Firefox.
For Internet Explorer (Uninstall For Edge Browser)
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable suspicious entries from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If 1337x.to is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select any distrustful item or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Please restart the computer to complete the uninstall procedure.
Step 3 : Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from 1337x.to
Not all browser threats are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instance, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If 1337x.to is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete 1337x.to
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete 1337x.to, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by 1337x.to and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. 1337x.to should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Get rid of 1337x.to Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website 1337x.to. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from 1337x.to are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, 1337x.to pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop 1337x.to from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for 1337x.to.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside 1337x.to list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop 1337x.to from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for 1337x.to entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if 1337x.to pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on 1337x.to.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if 1337x.to pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select 1337x.to from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
Stopping 1337x.to Pop-up on Mobile Devices
Aside from PC and Mac, 1337x.to pop-ups and redirects can also affect browser programs on mobile phones like Android and iOS devices. To stop the annoying pop-ups and remove its source, please execute the procedures as stated here.
Please take note that the tutorial in removing 1337x.to pop-ups from mobile devices contains automatic and manual procedures. If you are not a technical user, we recommend to follow the instant removal method to automatically stop 1337x.to pop-ups from mobile device using a malware scanner.
Post Last Modified On July 6, 2020