PUP.Optional.SpeedUpMyPC.A is a detection used by Malwarebytes Anti-malware to identify entities that belongs to a program SpeedUpMyPC. This is not a virus, malware, trojan, or any form of computer threat. PUP.Optional.SpeedUpMyPC.A is included in the category of adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP). It is normally advertised on some programs you may have downloaded or web sites visited.
Some security programs will display an alert whenever a code, script, or applet that is linked to the said software is detected. So, when your security tool displays a warning that PUP.Optional.SpeedUpMyPC.A is attacking the computer, it simply means that unwanted program is attempting to be installed on the computer.
There are certain discussions that PUP.Optional.SpeedUpMyPC.A is identified and deleted on the computer but it keeps on coming back no matter how user cleanse the system. Instances like this can be a cause of another threat on the computer. It may have placed some code hidden and conceal it from security programs. The attack method used by adware authors gives users as well as security program difficulty in dealing with the threat. It tries to force you into installing the paid version and spend for the registration key before you can uninstall it from the computer.
If you are facing the dilemma of removing PUP.Optional.SpeedUpMyPC.A, we do not suggest acquiring the product or any relevant programs. You must remove it using efficient and credible security tools that can be freely acquired from respective web sites.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.SpeedUpMyPC.A
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PUP.Optional.SpeedUpMyPC.A and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for PUP.Optional.SpeedUpMyPC.A’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for PUP.Optional.SpeedUpMyPC.A. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all PUP.Optional.SpeedUpMyPC.A entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that PUP.Optional.SpeedUpMyPC.A have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.