Postlnk.com is a dubious website that generates popup windows and annoying redirects. The primary purpose of Postlnk.com is to encourage its visitors to activate the push notification feature so that this domain may send an alert to current internet program. This is a common event that almost all websites are incentivizing this notification, especially during the first visit of the Internet user. Unfortunately, with the goal of Postlnk.com, this feature may be misused for fraud and unlawful advertising.
Ads by Postlnk.com
Postlnk.com ads typically contain engaging content and up-to-date trends that draw most of the attention of Internet users. However, clicking Postlnk.com’s ads may redirect the browser to unnecessary pages that contain scripts that prevent users from exiting the page. The only way to get out is to click a button that will eventually redirect pages to other questionable sites that host adware and malware. Clearly, Postlnk.com uses bait to entice Internet users to comply with their mandate to visit another website or obtain a promotional program.
Additionally, click baits by Postlnk.com may trick Internet users to activate the push notification by showing misleading messages like “Click Allow to watch the video” or “Tap Allow button to continue browsing the site.” Whether web user clicks the “Allow” button or any presented link, the outcome is the same. It adds Postlnk.com on the list of websites that are granted to utilize the internet browser’s notification feature. This page trap is not only enforced on Postlnk.com, there are several websites that use the same technique and as discovered recently, they are Overkirliaan.com, Deberorewhen.info, Download-app.net, and many more.
To avoid being hijacked to Postlnk.com or any other type of page capture sites, we recommend to stop visiting sites that are involved in software piracy or illegal streaming of media. Until now, these sites are the source of invasive pop-ups and redirects.
Steps to remove Postlnk.com pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Postlnk.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Postlnk.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Postlnk.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Postlnk.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Postlnk.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Postlnk.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Postlnk.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Postlnk.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Postlnk.com on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Postlnk.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Postlnk.com pop-up is gone.
Remove Postlnk.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Postlnk.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Postlnk.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Postlnk.com on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Postlnk.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Postlnk.com pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Postlnk.com from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Postlnk.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Postlnk.com that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Postlnk.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Postlnk.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Postlnk.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Postlnk.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Postlnk.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Postlnk.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Postlnk.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Postlnk.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Postlnk.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Postlnk.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.