When an online user accesses a malicious URL, they could be compelled to browse the invasive website Ponuadema.com. Online visitors typically access the aforementioned website through a series of redirection, especially when they are connected to the illicit distribution of pirated movies and commercial software. Ponuadema.com’s goal is to control a browser’s push notification, such as one from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
Request for push notification
This malicious website employs a variety of deceptive strategies to entice people to sign up for its push notification service. It contains misleading information that can provide the wrong impression that Ponuadema.com’s operations are somehow connected to the user’s request. A warning suggesting that pressing the Allow button is necessary to see the material is displayed, for instance, while streaming a movie from a dubious website and the browser is sent to Ponuadema.com.
Similar to downloading a cracked application, visiting the aforementioned web address can result in a notice requesting that you click the Allow button in order to access the file. The fact is that by pressing the specified button, Ponuadema.com will be added to the list of approved websites that can use the push notification feature.
Because it has access to push notifications, Ponuadema.com is free to use the browser software to continuously display a pop-up window. The perpetrators will thus use the chance to launch aggressive pop-up adverts. Remember that the pop-up advertising from Ponuadema.com are dangerous and may contain connections to websites that host unwanted programs, including Site Saver, Srcfinder, CoolADSBlockSearch, among many others.
Dealing with Ponuadema.com pop-up?
Similar to the majority of rogue websites, online users should not ignore the spam pop-up adverts on Ponuadema.com. Without pushy adverts that might mistakenly direct browser pages to dangerous sites, internet browsing is substantially safer. Therefore, internet users should immediately eliminate pop-up advertisements by following the instructions below.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Ponuadema.com will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||220.127.116.11|
Ponuadema.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with a powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of pop-up and redirect adware like Ponuadema.com through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file; please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Ponuadema.com, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Ponuadema.com pop-ups and redirects, including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if you are comfortable manually getting rid of the threat and malicious items linked to it.
Step 1 : Get rid of Pop-ups (Notification)
Normally, Ponuadema.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Ponuadema.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Ponuadema.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Ponuadema.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Ponuadema.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Ponuadema.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Ponuadema.com pop-up on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Ponuadema.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Ponuadema.com pop-up is gone.
Remove Ponuadema.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Ponuadema.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Ponuadema.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Ponuadema.com from Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
5. Find and select Ponuadema.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
6. You may now restart Edge browser.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of codes causing Ponuadema.com to show up on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Ponuadema.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Ponuadema.com pop-ups.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Delete Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to Ponuadema.com. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the suspicious Browser Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find Ponuadema.com or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the unwanted Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to Ponuadema.com and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove the malicious Extension from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select suspicious or a recently installed unknown entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If Ponuadema.com is still present on the browser and there are still pop-ups and redirects, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable unwanted entries from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 4 : Alternative Method to Clean Up Google Chrome from Ponuadema.com
Not all browser threats are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. In this instance, resetting the browser to its default configuration is the best solution. If Ponuadema.com is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to proceed with the Safety Check.
Use Chrome Safety Check to Delete Ponuadema.com
1. Open the Google Chrome application.
2. Type this string in the address box: chrome://settings/privacy and then, press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Go to Safety Check section and click on Check Now button.
4. Remove any suspicious extensions or sites that are extensively showing notifications.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find malicious websites and harmful software. If unable to delete Ponuadema.com, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. See more details on this page.