pinterest.aot.im browser redirect adware acts as an online advertisement source. If adware has entered a computer, browser will be hijacked and pointed to this web address. The main objective of pinterest.aot.im is to show ads instead of a web page that user wants to open. There are instances that user may view a blank page on the browser if security programs or browser tools are blocking access to this risky web site.
Commonly, pinterest.aot.im can have an access to the computer if user download and install a program packed with an adware. This program is known as shareware because they are provided free all over the web. Shareware are small programs that can be a simple music or video player, utilities, games, or program updates. Users who are blinded by the need of shareware are usually the one catching adware like pinterest.aot.im. They are not aware that program they are installing will later bring disruption on their web browsing habit.
If pinterest.aot.im has deeply affected the computer, the attack is limitless. Some people reported that this adware is blocking access to some files and programs. It pop-ups an authentication box requiring user to provide user name and password for pinterest.aot.im. If that is the case, removal should be carried out on the first wave of the attack to avoid further infection.
Online Security Scanner Report for pinterest.aot.im:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Aug 20, 2013|
|Dangerous||Feedback: Malicious Sites||Updated: Aug 20, 2013|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 2 Dislikes||Updated: Aug 20, 2013|
pinterest.aot.im Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to pinterest.aot.im. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove pinterest.aot.im Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted pinterest.aot.im from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of pinterest.aot.im on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with pinterest.aot.im. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to pinterest.aot.im.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. pinterest.aot.im should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by pinterest.aot.im and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.