Owncutboy.live is a dubious website created by online con artists to display dangerous content. Additionally, the aforementioned website was designed to hijack internet browser software and force users to see undesirable pages. Most often, a visited website would perform a series of redirects that made it necessary for internet users to encounter Owncutboy.live pop-up, especially while reading pages from piracy websites.
Owncutboy.live push notification
When visitors arrive at the Owncutboy.live website, a pop-up message asking them to subscribe to push notifications will appear. This message may be familiar to most people since it is a basic pop-up that even common websites display. The first pop-up would be “Owncutboy.live wants to show notifications.” This website differs simply in that it never stops bombarding online users with requests via alternative messages like the following:
- To close this window, click on Allow button.
- To leave this page, tap on Allow.
- Click Allow to prove that you are not a robot.
- Click Allow to watch the video.
- Click Allow to continue browsing this site.
Keep in mind that these messages are displayed to persuade website visitors to sign up for its push notification service. When used by online users, Owncutboy.live starts abusing the aforementioned feature to show aggressive ad types. As long as Owncutboy.live is listed as one of the permitted websites that can access the push notification feature, this will continue to be the case.
Stopping Owncutboy.live pop-up
The way Owncutboy.live operates may change depending on where online users are located. Advertisements in Western nations typically highlight the selling of malicious programs. Internet users in Asian nations frequently receive advertisements for phony online surveys, online shopping, online gambling, and quick-win scams.
Keep in mind that visiting Owncutboy.live and clicking on an advertisement could damage your computer. Visit promotional links instead of downloading the suggested program. If the Owncutboy.live pop-ups are still there in the browser, we advise uninstalling them right away. Please refer to the removal instructions below for a detailed explanation on how to execute this activity.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Owncutboy.live will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
Steps to remove Owncutboy.live pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Owncutboy.live. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Owncutboy.live are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Owncutboy.live pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Owncutboy.live from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Owncutboy.live from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Owncutboy.live.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Owncutboy.live list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Owncutboy.live from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Owncutboy.live on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Owncutboy.live entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Owncutboy.live pop-up is gone.
Remove Owncutboy.live from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Owncutboy.live.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Owncutboy.live pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Owncutboy.live on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Owncutboy.live from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Owncutboy.live pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Owncutboy.live from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Owncutboy.live automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Owncutboy.live that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Owncutboy.live.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Owncutboy.live and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Owncutboy.live on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Owncutboy.live.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Owncutboy.live.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Owncutboy.live from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Owncutboy.live. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Owncutboy.live.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Owncutboy.live.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Owncutboy.live is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.