Online scammers are not slowing down on their fraudulent acts and they continue to flood the internet with misleading websites. They use different kinds of tricks just to control the browser and generate profit by displaying ads. Many of the web users are probably familiar with a pop-up message like “Click Allow to continue” or “Click Allow to prove that you are not a robot.” These are just some examples of prompts that malicious websites are showing to gain an access to internet program. The goal of these misleading pop-ups is to hijack the web notification and exploit it to display low-quality and deceptive advertisements. The website Ourhotfeed.com applies this same technique in an attempt to access and misuse the push notification area of the browser.
Ourhotfeed.com pop-up ads
Because this website is using a clever way to deceive the web users, chances of getting the permission from to access the push notification may not be difficult. Aside from the messages above, the website also shows the default message “Ourhotfeed.com wants to show notification.” This is a generic approach by all websites to get the approval from users. Because the majority of internet users are familiar with the prompt, it is very likely that Ourhotfeed.com could be granted with the permission. Unknown to web users, the people behind Ourhotfeed.com will abuse this feature to flood the browser with excessive ads.
While normal websites are using the browser notification to issue messages or alerts, Ourhotfeed.com are going to publish aggressive advertisements in this section. Unfortunately, the pop-ups are not ordinary ads and it often contain links pointing to malicious websites.
Stopping the Ourhotfeed.com pop-up
The risks of getting infected with a virus if Ourhotfeed.com shows up in the browser is not really abrupt. Hence, neglecting the redirects and pop-ups from this website is not ideal. To avoid harming the computer, it is recommended to stop the Ourhotfeed.com pop-up right away. Complete guide to accomplish this is written in the procedures below.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Ourhotfeed.com will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||22.214.171.124|
Ourhotfeed.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with a powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of pop-up and redirect adware like Ourhotfeed.com through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file; please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Ourhotfeed.com, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Ourhotfeed.com pop-ups and redirects, including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if you are comfortable manually getting rid of the threat and malicious items linked to it.
Step 1 : Get rid of Ourhotfeed.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Normally, Ourhotfeed.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Ourhotfeed.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Ourhotfeed.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Ourhotfeed.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Ourhotfeed.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Ourhotfeed.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Ourhotfeed.com pop-up on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Ourhotfeed.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Ourhotfeed.com pop-up is gone.
Remove Ourhotfeed.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Ourhotfeed.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Ourhotfeed.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Ourhotfeed.com from Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
5. Find and select Ourhotfeed.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
6. You may now restart Edge browser.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of codes causing Ourhotfeed.com to show up on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Ourhotfeed.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Ourhotfeed.com pop-ups.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Delete Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to Ourhotfeed.com. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the suspicious Browser Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find Ourhotfeed.com or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the unwanted Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to Ourhotfeed.com and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove the malicious Extension from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select suspicious or a recently installed unknown entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If Ourhotfeed.com is still present on the browser and there are still pop-ups and redirects, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable unwanted entries from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 4 : Alternative Method to Clean Up Google Chrome from Ourhotfeed.com
Not all browser threats are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. In this instance, resetting the browser to its default configuration is the best solution. If Ourhotfeed.com is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to proceed with the Safety Check.
Use Chrome Safety Check to Delete Ourhotfeed.com
1. Open the Google Chrome application.
2. Type this string in the address box: chrome://settings/privacy and then, press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Go to Safety Check section and click on Check Now button.
4. Remove any suspicious extensions or sites that are extensively showing notifications.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find malicious websites and harmful software. If unable to delete Ourhotfeed.com, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. See more details on this page.