One of the many websites where visitors were redirected after visiting malicious Web pages is Ourbestspot.com. Usually, websites involved in software and video piracy are the ones responsible for the aforementioned redirects. When visitors arrive at Ourbestspot.com, a request to enable push notifications will be made. Users frequently respond “Yes” or “OK” to this common popup without realizing that their irresponsible actions are the cause of an impending malware infestation.
Ourbestspot.com pop-up notification
The perpetrators behind Ourbestspot.com are going to abuse this function for a dubious advertising campaign if common and reputable websites are using the push notification feature of the browser program to give updates and alerts. The actual objective of this is to obtain financial gain. This explains why the Ourbestspot.com website is so adamant about pleading for permission to use the push notification.
Attackers will display various aggressive ads on the browser if the web user allows Ourbestspot.com to use the mentioned browser function. As a result, the web visitor can find themselves seeing promoted content and strange pages. The unfortunate fact is that viewing the majority of the advertising from Ourbestspot.com could contaminate you because they are produced by virus developers.
Stop the Ourbestspot.com pop-up
Web users should address the pop-up issue as soon as they notice it in the browser application. Ignoring these redirects is bad for the browser and your computer as a whole. As was already said, bothersome pop-ups and redirects might lead to malware infestations. Additionally, it can direct the browser to other harmful websites like Daphomost.com, Centrumbook.com, etc. Not to mention how intrusive the pushy adverts are, completely disrupting online users’ web browsing.
It is obvious that eradicating the Ourbestspot.com pop-up is essential to prevent the computer from contracting more malware, adware, or viruses. For this reason, we are offering thorough instructions along with free and efficient virus and malware scanners on this website.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Ourbestspot.com will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||184.108.40.206|
Ourbestspot.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with a powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of pop-up and redirect adware like Ourbestspot.com through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file; please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Ourbestspot.com, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Ourbestspot.com pop-ups and redirects, including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if you are comfortable manually getting rid of the threat and malicious items linked to it.
Step 1 : Get rid of Pop-ups (Notification)
Normally, Ourbestspot.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Ourbestspot.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Ourbestspot.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Ourbestspot.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Ourbestspot.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Ourbestspot.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Ourbestspot.com pop-up on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Ourbestspot.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Ourbestspot.com pop-up is gone.
Remove Ourbestspot.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Ourbestspot.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Ourbestspot.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Ourbestspot.com from Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
5. Find and select Ourbestspot.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
6. You may now restart Edge browser.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of codes causing Ourbestspot.com to show up on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Ourbestspot.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Ourbestspot.com pop-ups.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Delete Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to Ourbestspot.com. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the suspicious Browser Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find Ourbestspot.com or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the unwanted Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to Ourbestspot.com and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove the malicious Extension from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select suspicious or a recently installed unknown entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If Ourbestspot.com is still present on the browser and there are still pop-ups and redirects, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable unwanted entries from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 4 : Alternative Method to Clean Up Google Chrome from Ourbestspot.com
Not all browser threats are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. In this instance, resetting the browser to its default configuration is the best solution. If Ourbestspot.com is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to proceed with the Safety Check.
Use Chrome Safety Check to Delete Ourbestspot.com
1. Open the Google Chrome application.
2. Type this string in the address box: chrome://settings/privacy and then, press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Go to Safety Check section and click on Check Now button.
4. Remove any suspicious extensions or sites that are extensively showing notifications.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find malicious websites and harmful software. If unable to delete Ourbestspot.com, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. See more details on this page.