Optimize-app.com is the new favorite host to spread adware and potentially unwanted program. It was made to deliver bothering pop-up ads and full page banners. There are number of endorsements that can be seen on optimize-app.com ranging from ‘work at home’ to ‘lucky winner’. However, you must be aware that this is just a tactic employed by adware authors to deceive you into download recommended program, which is actually an adware.
Every computer users who surf the web are open to optimize-app.com attack. Unlike other adware, optimize-app.com also targets Macintosh users. You may acquire this adware from spam emails, social media sites, and file-sharing servers. However, there are many ways to avoid this threat. Stay away from suspicious links and blocking unfamiliar web sites are just some precautionary measures you can take to evade optimize-app.com infection.
So far, reported instances of optimize-app.com are pop-up messages stating the following:
“Work At Home Special Report
Easy new way to make money online Rs420,000/month part time.”
“This page at optimize-app.com says:
You are today’s lucky visitor eligible to receive an Apple Product!”
No matter how tempting the messages are, we urge you not to click on links. It may bring you to a malicious web site that may bring adware, malware, or virus into the computer. As soon as you see optimize-app.com pop-up, just close the browser because it will not give you any chance to navigate away from the current web page.
Online Security Scanner Report for optimize-app.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 14, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 14, 2017|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 14, 2017|
How to Remove optimize-app.com (Pop-up Removal Guide)
Browser redirects and hijacking issues takes place if browser settings may have been altered by malware. Files may have also added that executes whenever its senses that Internet connection is active.
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to optimize-app.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove optimize-app.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted optimize-app.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of optimize-app.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with optimize-app.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to optimize-app.com.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. optimize-app.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by optimize-app.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.