Onrym Speedup is a suspicious MS Windows system optimization and security tool, which do not live to its promises. It claims to enhance system performance but once it is inside the computer, it is the one that diminishes the operation due to excessive pop-ups and warnings it produces. It is also worth to mention that Onrym Speedup runs an exhaustive scan without user’s command and this alone consumes a great amount of system resources.
Onrym Speedup started from the fraudulent idea of PC Accelerate Pro to swindle money from users by providing false information regarding risks on security and operating condition of their Windows system. It will appeal to user about this trouble right after it did a full scan of the computer. Aside from presenting bogus scan findings, Onrym Speedup occasionally reminds of the continuing system problem through alarming pop-up alerts and warning messages.
If you previously encountered similar threats or rogue optimization tool with the same features and design, Onrym Speedup can be easily recognized as another variant because it replicates the graphical user interface (GUI). All attributes of this recent version are also the precedent of previous releases. Basically, nothing is unique about Onrym Speedup aside from having a new misleading product title and executable file called OnrymSpeedup.exe.
As mentioned, rogue programs were made specifically to swindle money from computer users. Therefore, paying for the registered version of Onrym Speedup to fix computer issues is insignificant and is a total waste of your money. The right thing to do is to remove this rogue tool to restore the computer to its previous normal working condition. Systematic guide to fully uninstall Onrym Speedup is provided on the next segment. Do not forget to check the computer with effective virus and malware scanner to locate and delete the culprit OnrymSpeedup executable file.
Please take note of the files and folders relevant to Onrym Speedup. You may need to delete them manually if left behind after the removal process. These files can be found under the Program Files folder.
Onrym Speedup Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Onrym Speedup through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Onrym Speedup, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Onrym Speedup rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Onrym Speedup
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Onrym Speedup and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Onrym Speedup from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Onrym Speedup from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Onrym Speedup unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Onrym Speedup and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Onrym Speedup using Anti-malware Program
To remove Onrym Speedup automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Onrym Speedup that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Onrym Speedup.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.